The Bank for International Settlements is an international organisation which fosters international monetary and financial cooperation via wide-ranging banking, economic research and policy coordination activities via wide-ranging banking, economic research and policy coordination activities.
Office location: Basel
Application Deadline: 12/11/2017
The BIS is recruiting for a Senior Developer specialising in Business Intelligence (BI) to join the Platform Engineering IT team, responsible for the development of data management platforms at the BIS. You have extensive knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server tools, including SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Analysis Services (both tabular and multi-dimensional models), and of concepts such as dimensional modelling, data vault and analytic database design. You are experienced in supervising external developers and managing projects, are flexible and work collaboratively, and you enjoy the challenge of working in a complex, multi-cultural environment.
- Design and implement the platform for delivering business intelligence and advanced analytics
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Carry out logical and physical data modelling to support data analytics and reporting applications
- Oversee the development lifecycle for data management components
- Provide support for production systems
- Work with the Enterprise Architect and senior IT staff to develop the data management strategy
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- University degree in computer science or a related discipline
- At least eight years' experience in systems analysis and design using the Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence toolset, especially Integration Services and SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS) Management Services
- At least five years' experience working in data warehousing or BI projects with experience in data warehousing design, data vault modelling, (including dimensional modelling), physical design, data quality and ETL
- Experience with automation tools (Biml, NBI etc) and in managing build / releases an advantage
- Experience developing, implementing and coordinating data governance activities
- Experience working in the financial sector would be an advantage
- Understanding of NoSQL and Big Data technologies and knowledge in data science concepts, machine learning and programming language such as R and Python would be an advantage
- Strong problem-solving and root cause analysis approach
- Highly service-oriented and proactive; able to perform under pressure
- Strong team player, able to work in a cross-departmental IT team
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English (oral and written); additional languages desirable
The BIS's head office is located in Basel, Switzerland, with representative offices in Hong Kong SAR and Mexico City. We are able to recruit globally, regardless of nationality, and offer competitive employment packages. The BIS employs staff on both open-ended and fixed-term contracts. However, all new entrants are initially recruited on a fixed-term basis. The BIS is fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strives for diversity among its staff. We encourage applications from female candidates.