Senior Big Data DevOps EngineerPosted by fevrokbot 4 months ago
Changing the world is all in a day's work at Apple. If you love innovation, here's your chance to make a career of it. You'll work hard. But the job comes with more than a few perks.
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work.
Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in App Store. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy.
The Ad Platforms TechOps Team is seeking a seasoned DevOps Engineer for the Big Data Operations team.
- 5+ years of working experience in Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Solr, Spark Kafka, Flume, NoSQL databases)
- Proven track record of architecting, designing and implementing data pipelines and related operations
- Big Data operations and support experience in Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, and NoSQL databases
- Hands-on experience with DevOps tools, automating engineering and operational tasks
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced with scripting languages like Puppet, Python, Perl, etc.
- Experience with source control management such as Git and/or SVN
- Expertise in troubleshooting complex OS, database, file system, network configuration, and application & web server issues
- Development experience in object oriented programming languages such as Java & Scala is strongly preferred
- Must have extensive experience evangelizing DevOps best practices and influencing cross functional teams to solve production issues upstream
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Data analysis experience is a bug plus
- Willingness to participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation for escalations
As a senior DevOps engineer for our Big Data environment you will add tremendous value in developing strategies, defining new processes and driving initiatives to support our infrastructure globally. You will work on collaborative projects such as building large scale data pipelines and analytical solutions between our team and others businesses at Apple. You must be a self starter, an outstanding communicator, and a solid technical contributor.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required. Master's degree preferred.
Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
|Job Details||Job Requirements|
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|