Senior Backend Engineer - AmsterdamPosted by fevrokbot 3 months ago
We are looking for ambitious Back-end/Fullstack engineers with Elixir and Ruby experience. Quiqup people are people that don't fit into one box and can adapt to solve problems in the same way that we adapt to the market. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining a cutting edge scalable logistics platform.
Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by you and your coworkers. An understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
We have many challenging problems to solve, your ability to be resourceful in finding solutions is paramount.
Remote - Project Based Workers
We are looking for both full time and project based people, for project based people we would look to engage for 3-6 month projects, 1 project a a time, this would suit remote workers who are not looking to work 260 days a year.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with our API
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimisation of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Separation of centralised services into micro services
- Support of the infrastructure and services
- Pride in readable, well-designed, well-tested software.
- Professional experience with Elixir (+1 year)
- Professional experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails (1+ year)
- Experience with TDD
- Experience with relational databases (PostGreSQL, MySQL) and key-value stores (Memcache, Redis)
- Experience with APIs at scale (20krpm and above).
- Experience with PostGIS, or any geography-heavy applications.
- Experience with "NoSQL" data backends (Redis, MongoDB, ElasticSearch).
- Experience with Node (or any other languages).
- Experience with logistics.
The instant availability of goods has always been an unresolved issue at the core of commerce. Quiqup is solving that problem. We’re doing it via an infrastructure, used by individuals or organisations to pickup or deliver goods on-demand.
|Job Details||Job Requirements|
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|