Wieden+Kennedy is an independent, global creative company. We're here to do the best work of our lives with inspiring clients. We make work that influences culture and builds business value.
We're looking for a back-end development expert to join our IT team. The right candidates is excited to work in a creative environment and will have a deep knowledge of development principles, industry trends, and emerging technologies.
Expert-level knowledge of one or more system languages below, database architecture, and Unix operating systems is required. Experience working in a creative agency or comparable project-driven environment is a plus!
Major Responsibilities/Primary Functions:
- Develop back-end solutions for agency-led executions in web, mobile, and emerging technology; Projects including but not limited to API development, custom content management, front-end integration, and similar types of builds.
- You'll lead the way on project architecture and database structure while utilizing best practices in performance, stability, scalability, and security
- Design and develop web applications that help automate and optimize the agency workflow
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to the development team
- You'll be an integral partner between agency producers and client-based IT teams (when necessary), ensuring all productions meet client policy and security requirements
- Deliver well-tested, maintainable and efficient code
- Implement capacity and monitoring plans
- Integrate front-end user experience elements with server-side logic
- Occasionally you may even set up deployment servers, establishing effective code review and quality assurance processes
Qualifications, Distinguishing Characteristics and Special Requirements:
- A degree in CS or software engineering is highly desired
- Fluency in C#, C++, JAVA, Python, ASP.NET, SQL development
- 8+ years of overall software engineering experience is strongly preferred, with ideally 7+ years of database development
- A solid understanding of Object Oriented Design and Programming
- Understanding of SLDC’s, common development practices, Agile, Waterfall and Lean principles are a plus
- Experience creating and maintaining applications which have been released and ideally thrived in the real world
- Experience integrating 3rd party APIs/microservices and working with REST/JSON APIs
- Knowledge of web analytics (e.g. Omniture, WebTrends, Google Analytics)
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize accordingly
- A strong track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound strategic and analytical thinking skills, while maintaining composure in stressful situations
- Experience modifying and maintaining legacy codebases
- Experience managing Azure, AWS and GCP workloads
- Ability to keep your cool under pressure and excellent customer service skills, plus the ability to communicate effectively with clients at a variety of levels and across functions is key
- A proven track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound critical thinking and maintaining composure in stressful situations
- And of course, someone highly organized with keen attention to detail, displays exceptional initiative, follow through and work ethic will fit right in!