Senior Back-End DeveloperPosted by fevrokbot 5 months ago 2017-06-21 09:57:00
JOHAN Sports is a growing sport-tech startup based in the Netherlands.
We are looking for an experienced backend developer who is passionate in maintaining the reliability of online services . This position is a combination of:
- Backend development to add features and fix bugs
- Ensure that our online platform keeps on running and our clients stay happy
Check out our careers website!
Online Analysis Platform - Performance Analytics for Teams
Our clients use our online environment to upload, organise and analyse the data measured by our movement sensors. The results are analysed in automated analysis modules where the data is interpreted for the coaches for specific use cases like injury risk and weekly training goals. See below for more info about our company and product!
Our stack consists of Python Django as back-end and AngularJS (v 1.x) as front-end. Our development team works according to the scrum philosophy; we have weekly sprints which are tracked in Jira. We use continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) for our services..
Maintain our Online Platform
In the coming time we want to improve the stability and functionality for our clients. This will consist of:
- Backend development
- Extend existing and add new functionality
- Data pipeline enhancements
- Fixing bugs
- Operational support and maintenance
- Communicate with the customer team
- Fixing critical bugs (or delegating them to the right person)
What we offer
- A dynamic and responsible job at a growing tech startup
- Part of a growing team
- Work from home part- or full-time
- Direct interaction with the customer team (and clients from professional football teams)
- Competitive salary
- Relaxed working environment
- Your work really makes a difference
- Minimum 5 years experience in back-end web development
- Minimum 3 years experience with Python and Django
- Experience with data processing in Python (e.g. Pandas, Numpy)
- Experience with operational support and maintenance
- Experience in scaling web services (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience in test-driven development
- Experience with machine learning (Scikit learn, Tensorflow) is a plus
- Able to communicate clearly and transparently
JOHAN offers the first affordable and usable performance monitoring system for professional field sport teams on the global sports market.
We have developed wearable sensors in collaboration with the European Space Agency which track the movements and heart rate of the players on the pitch.
The obtained data is visualised in an online personalised analysis environment for coaches and players to give insight and advice on their delivered performance.
Our clients use our cloud environment to upload and clean the data. The results can be analysed in depth, but also we have developed automated analysis modules where the data is interpreted for the coaches for specific use cases like injury risk and weekly training goals.
In the past year JOHAN has grown to 20 clients (2 of them are international pilots), which means that we are market leader in the Netherlands. Our clients vary from ADO Den Haag, PEC Zwolle, KNHB (Women’s National Field Hockey Team), De Graafschap and SC Braga. We deliver valuable performance insights to these clients which allows them train more efficiently and prevent injuries. In the coming year we want to expand into Europe.
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|