Float is a New York-based startup, with a global team delivering one of the world's leading SaaS-based resource scheduling solutions. Top brands and agencies that rely on Float daily include NASA, RGA and Vice.
We’re looking to expand our engineering group to meet the needs of our growing global customer base with the addition of a Senior Application Engineer.
You'll be working closely with our New-York based CTO to build great features, scale and maintain our codebase and processes. Here's an example of what that might look like:
- Reviewing feature briefs and documenting user stories and technical specifications
- Building and testing new features to meet the needs of our global customer base
- Collaborating with our CTO and DevOps Engineers to deliver performance and process improvements
- Reviewing the Engineering team's technical proposals and code
- Helping troubleshoot issues raised by our product & customer success team
You'll be excited at the prospect of working with a small, but highly-skilled team to scale a fast-growing product. You're a great communicator, confident writer, naturally curious and comfortable diving in and helping out without ego.
You'll have strong experience in a collaborative environment working with web-based applications, preferably B2B SaaS apps. You have demonstrable skills in:
- PHP (native and MVC framework)
- API management, tools and documentation
- Relational and NoSql database development
- Source control workflow, Git/GitFlow
You'll also have good knowledge of containers (Docker), microservice architecture and functional and load automated testing. In your previous roles you will have gained experience in one or more areas:
- Yii / Yii2
- MySQL/MariaDB admin
- Front-end build and test tools (NPM, Yarn, Brunch, Browserify, Jasmine, Karma, Jest)
- NoSql (MongoDB, Couchbase, Redis)
- Linux server admin
- Cache/Proxy (Varnish, Nginx, Redis)
- AWS, Cloud orchestration, Serverless
- Flexible location, with the option to work with our CTO in our NY-based office
- Competitive salary
- Flexible time off
Float has a small, growing, international team that includes members in New York, Dallas, Cleveland, Australia, Portugal and Ukraine. We're 100% bootstrapped and profitable. We encourage people of different backgrounds, perspectives and locations to join our team and deliver their best work.
3D Generalist & Motion designer Missions principales
Tetouan Province, Morocco
Full-Stack Senior Web Developer - Remote
Software Engineer, Mobile