Scala DeveloperPosted by fevrokbot 3 months ago
XITE is the music brand for millennials and broadcasts 24/7 the most popular music videos. XITE went live in 2008 and became the largest music channel in the Netherlands and Belgium shortly after. XITE is distributed to 15 million households in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and Qatar, and is expanding globally. In 2015 XITE released a world’s first: Personalised Music Television, which allows viewers to personalise their music channel by liking and skipping music videos. Visit xite.com for additional information.
We’re building a project which is a back end for interactive television that gives content recommendations in real time. This platform has very high performance and stability requirements. Such as SLA on response time and service availability. The platform is a RESTFul service built purely on Scala with Akka and Spray frameworks. It is designed as a reactive microservice managed by Kubernates framework to work in the cloud. We’re building the microservice base on reactive manifesto principles. We heavily rely on concurrency and parallelism to reach performance. For that we’re using corresponding algorithms and data structures to implement actor centric design and caches. As the core of our recommendation algorithm we use Neural Network which allows us to start recommending at the very beginning and works in real time (average response time is ~50ms). This is a nohow solution build domestically as a PoC.
- At least 2 years of Scala experience
- Minimum 4 years of total software development experience
- Fluency in functional programming paradigm
- Basic knowledge of standard algorithms and data structures
- Basic Linux / POSIX skills
- Experience developing RESTful API services, using relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with Akka and Spray (or Akka HTTP)
- Understanding of concurrency and parallelism paradigms
- Experience with Scrum
Nice to have
- Experience with Akka Streams, Kafka, Spark
- Experience in performance optimizations
- Ability to use java.util.concurrent library
- Understanding the reactive paradigm
- Background in test driven development, automated testing, load testing, high availability services and other software engineering best practices
What XITE offers you
- The opportunity to develop your career in a young, fast growing company
- A challenging work environment where professionalism, initiative and creativity are a must
- A unique combination of music, television and new technology
- A diverse international team of about 50 enthusiastic colleagues
- An international workplace; XITE is present in The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Qatar and will launch in other countries later this year
- Chef prepared lunches, Friday afternoon drinks and regular parties
We are welcoming to anyone who'd like to contribute to making XITE a truly global organization and to make the best working environment for all employees. We encourage you to join us as we change the way the world consumes music videos. Please apply via our application form.
Agency calls are not appreciated.
|Job Details||Job Requirements|
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|