Reliability Engineer - InfrastructurePosted by fevrokbot 3 months ago
Contentful is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API - be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, and Urban Outfitters.
We're a fun team of over 100 people from 37 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, backed by top VCs (Benchmark, Trinity, Balderton, Point Nine), growing at an amazing pace, and looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Contentful’s customers run a wide range of deployments that consume our API. Our microservice architecture needs to be a highly available and provide consistent performance, with the challenge of customers generating diverse sets of workloads depending on their own data structure and usage patterns.
The goal of the Infrastructure Reliability team is to provide High Availability, respecting SLAs for performance and uptime, in a context of high volume traffic and sustained growth.
We manage a deep modern stack starting from real time CDN integrations at the outer level to internal layers of HTTP traffic, routeing and caching, several services that all together compose our public APIs.
We deploy our infrastructure on the AWS cloud and we also use other several CDN and infrastructure services provider for global real-time content distribution.
- Multiple years of experience in building, scaling and managing highly available production web services
- Strong Linux background
- Ability to quickly dive into new languages, frameworks, and APIs
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Stack including load-balancing and caching/CDNs
- You get stuff done. We are looking for someone we can trust to do a good job without much handholding - you should enjoy responsibility
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written (German not required)
- Additionally, the following are considered a plus: you have already maintained non-trivial production deployments in the cloud (especially AWS), preferably using orchestration tools (e.g. Terraform, AWS Cloudformation)
- Familiarity with operations: metrics/statistics, incident management, post-mortems etc.
- Experience working with Container Orchestration tools (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration services (TravisCI, CircleCI, Jenkins)
- Deep knowledge of data stores such as PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, S3 and MySQL
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Chef or puppet)
- Shape the future: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Work for a cutting-edge technology company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive
- Join the forefront of the microservices revolution and help companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- We offer an education budget and extra days off to be spent on your self-development
- Pick any tools you feel comfortable with. From hardware to software, your work environment to your chair, we've literally got your back
- We provide a relocation budget to support your move to San Francisco and will help you settle into your exciting new city
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability. We look forward to your application!
|Job Details||Job Requirements|
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|