The Artist Growth Mission
At Artist Growth, we solve meaningful problems with creative technologies that improve human performance and life experience.
Mission and Scope
The position will primarily be responsible for quality control of all software created by the dev team. This person plays a vital role in the software development life cycle by implementing automated-testing best practices to certify in-house authored software is robust and ready for production. This person will also:
- Communicate with product owners, developers and other stakeholders to identify and groom application features for the design and implemention of test plans.
- Contribute to and help manage the triage of bugs from initial identification to the authoring of reproduction steps.
- Identifying quality of life improvements for all stakeholders including methods of work, speed, performance and usability.
- Implementation and maintenance of unit test suites and acceptance test suites across all applications.
- Reviewing quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Creating performant, detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities.
- Provide informative reports to the team-at-large about the efficacy of testing efforts.
- Other duties include contributing to customer help documenation and internal dev/project technical documentation.
The position will operate within the following areas:
- Product Engineering
- Product Management
Writes code and tests for given tasks with guidance before and during product development Adheres to development guidelines and workflow dictated by team leaders Uses source control without supervision Uses code review tools and participates in code reviews Seeking the advice on a daily basis of upper-level engineers for guidance when questions and roadblocks arise Self-study on topics from resources dictated by team leads for the purposes of professional advancement
At this level the engineer should expect a moderate amount of feedback from the team prior to finalizing any contributions to projects.
Key Competencies, Values and Style
This position requires and must demonstrate the following technical skills and leadership competencies:
Knowledge & Experience
The position generally signifies one or more of the following: The software engineer's skill level is advanced. The software engineer needs mentoring from more experienced engineers to complete any non-trivial amount of work. B.A. in one of the following areas: computer science, engineering, management information systems, software engineering, mathematics or a related business discipline. In lieu of related educational degrees, a minimum of 3-5 years experience in a related computer science field may be acceptable.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills for figuring out how different software components work together.
- Able to easily work with abstract and highly technical concepts, as well as explain complex functionality to non-technical users and staff.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and handle different tasks simultaneously, as well as concentrating on intricate projects and small details for long periods of time.
- Strategic thinking ability and skills in order to accomplish business objectives.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work to meet development team needs.
- Strong team orientation.
- Commitment to continuous learning and leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful advice and input across the company.
- This position reports to the Dev Team at-large.
- The position works closely with the Product Engineering and Product Management teams.
The position’s success depends upon the performance of others in the company. The position must model healthy relationships inside Artist Growth and take corrective action when performance or the quality of work life is adversely affected by unhealthy relationships. This applies to relationships between individuals, departments, and functional units.
- Have an average of 8-10 story points completed per sprint (assuming a 2-week sprint cycle)
- Have an average of 1-2 related self-study books or disciplines completed per month
- Complete 2-5 bug requests per sprint (assuming a 2-week sprint cycle)
- Demonstrates continual decrease in frequency of bugs and quality issues.
Please fill out a submission here: