Elastic builds software to make data usable in real time and at scale for search, logging, security, and analytics use cases. Founded in 2012, the company develops the open source Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash), X-Pack (commercial features), and Elastic Cloud (a SaaS offering). To date, there have been more than 100 million cumulative downloads. Backed by Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, and NEA with more than $100 million in funding, Elastic has a distributed workforce with more than 500 employees in 30 countries.
Elastic is seeking a talented Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Machine Learning team. You will have the opportunity to work with exceptional engineers on cutting edge technology in a small and focussed team. You can and learn and build your skills as a QA Engineer whilst working on both manual and automated testing for our ML products.
Machine Learning at Elastic
The ML team works on features that form a natural extension to the search and analytics capabilities in Elasticsearch by focussing on providing “Time Series Anomaly Detection” capabilities using unsupervised machine learning. Over time we plan to add more machine learning capabilities, but for now we are focused on providing added value to users storing time series data such as log files, application and performance metrics, network flows, or financial/transaction data in Elasticsearch. Machine Learning is part of our X-Pack.
What you will be doing
- Participate in all aspects of QA product lifecycle: Scoping, test case creation and maintenance, feature, regression, integration /end-to-end test execution and automation
- Report and verify bugs in a timely manner
- Ability to identify and research issues with our products
- Communicate status and escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Construct test cases for the defined test plan; modify the existing test cases as the test requirements change
- Identify and develop areas for automation
- Build test environments
- Provide input/status updates regarding test progress/results on a daily basis
- Operate under minimal supervision
What you will bring
- 2+ years of manual software test experience
- Good knowledge of QA methodologies
- Experience of QA automation
- Experience testing data visualization or data analytics products
- Experience using bug tracking software
- Good knowledge of scripting languages
- Working knowledge of Linux and/or Windows operating systems
- Good numeracy, demonstrable mathematical or statistical background
- Ability to work independently; following tasks assigned and seeking guidance when needed
- Flexible, “can do” approach, able to adjust to changing priorities and willing to help out in other functional areas
- Attentive to detail and highly organized
Nice to Have
- Experience deploying AWS resources for test environments
- Experience testing REST APIs
- Mathematical / statistical / engineering degree
- Extremely competitive pay and benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.