Project Manager - Web DevelopmentPosted by fevrokbot 1 month ago
Headquarters: Seattle, WA
Interpersonal Frequency (I.F.) is seeking a Project Manager to add to our growing team.
At I.F., we’re putting the government in the cloud. We design, build, maintain, and grow sites on our open web stack for some of the largest cities, public libraries, and government agencies in the country. We also created a suite of proprietary analytics tools that surveys 3.4 million Americans each day. We are bringing in new clients faster than our team can handle, and are looking for a senior Project Manager to help manage our projects, and continue to deliver cutting-edge, open sourced websites for our clients.
I.F. is a profitable, 8 year-old company with team members in Seattle, Texas and the DC area.
We provide a remote work environment, so you don’t need to move for this job. We do encourage face to face collaboration in our regional offices and expect you travel when required.
Working remotely means we can bring together some of the best minds in the country. Between video calls and Slack, the distance evaporates quickly, and ideas, projects and puns fly at the speed of light. Working remotely also allows us to find harmony in work / life balance. You’ll have the flexibility to be at home when needed and we’ll all be online making the internet more beautiful, geeking out on the very latest tech, and making government more accessible and accountable.
Who you are
- You have 7+ years of project management under your belt in web development. A plus if you are a certified Product Owner or SCRUM Master (we use a custom SDLC).
- You love building close relationships with clients, and can keep a team of engineers on task, on time, and under budget.
- You are flexible, agile and have passion for working with engineers, designers, and other project managers to schedule and run projects that ultimately create sites used by millions of people each day.
- You have a way of translating business goals into priorities, and can easily facilitate/run a meeting on time.
- You have a head for details and a good mixture of planning, risk taking and a “get-it-done” attitude.
- You value the open source community and want to give back to it.
- You can clearly explain your ideas to clients and other team members both verbally and in writing.
- Most of all, you’re not a jerk: you like to have fun and work with a small team! You play well with others, and aren’t afraid to ask smart questions.
- You will work with our Senior Team, clients and professional services team.
- You will manage project details, budgets and milestones for a myriad of different clients.
- You will be running and overseeing projects from the very beginning, scoping, planning and organizing projects, through to their completion.
- You will represent the I.F. team to the client, and will represent the client’s needs internally, working to keep both our engineers and the client’s team on schedule and on budget by staying on top of the action, anticipating issues and resolving them proactively.
- This is a fun, fast-paced job, and no two days will be the same.
- You must either be a US Citizen or already have a Green Card to apply
- Minimum seven years’ experience project managing teams engaged in designing and developing websites and web applications
- Experience being primary client contact, responsible for client satisfaction throughout projects
- Experience managing remote teams and resources and communicating/coordinating with tools such as Zoom, Basecamp and Slack
- Experience project planning, including establishing and meeting key milestones and budgets
- Experience analyzing user and website data and leveraging analytics to drive design and create authority as the "internal client" for I.F.'s creative director, user interface designer, developers, and testers
- Experience running senior and executive team meetings, as well as client sprint reviews and internal scrums/weeklies and communicate via clear, regular status reports
- Experience managing project budgets and notifying/mitigating when costs begin trending higher than expected
- Experience predicting and monitoring risks for large, complex project with multiple internal and external stakeholders
Nice to have experience
- Experience with clients in the vendor/agency realm very helpful
- Experience with content management systems, such as Drupal
- Scrum/Agile/Kanban experience and/or certification
- Experience with post mortems (internal team) and client satisfaction efforts to continually improve process and satisfaction
- PMP Certification
- While organizing and leading projects, you’ll also help our Senior Team establish processes to help our Project Management team grow and scale
- Super fun, cutting edge remote work environment – ever changing, always a chat away from team members
- Your work directly impacts the lives of millions of Americans every day
- Regence BlueShield Healthcare, and Guardian Dental/Vision/Life/Disability plans
- Unlimited vacation, and a flexible schedule
- Work from home, or from one of our main offices. (If you work from home, be prepared to travel at least once a month for face-to-face collaboration with client and/or team at the client location or a main I.F. office.)
- Competitive pay
If you're interested, reside in and are authorized to work the United States, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Interpersonal Frequency is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply: If you're interested, reside in and are authorized to work the United States, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Job Details||Job Requirements|
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|
|Skills||manager,senior,intern,designer,cloud,project manager,analytics,agile,engineer,project management|
|Location||United States, California, California City|