The Wirecutter is looking for a contract project manager to oversee the migration of our fantastic editorial content to a new installation of our Content Management System. We are moving our content into a fresh install of WordPress, our CMS, to shed some technical debt and make needed changes in our data model.
In this role you will work with the production, product, and engineering teams to design a bombproof workflow; identify, schedule, and track the many actions that need to be completed; define the delivery schedule; and communicate clearly and with authority to make sure we hit every delivery date. You should be comfortable working remotely, and, ideally, you have experience managing a project with a distributed team.
This is a remote (US only) contract position paying $25-$30 per hour; it is expected to last six months.
- Design the workflow that will allow us to efficiently migrate hundreds of pieces of complex content from one site to another.
- Work on a small, agile team to identify, plan, and ensure timely execution of every task needed to migrate our editorial content.
- Ensure that assignments are clear and concise, and that delivery dates and expectations are understood.
- Monitor projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating and reporting progress and quality of work, managing issue resolution, and taking corrective action when necessary.
- Effectively communicate across all stakeholders in the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal stakeholders.
- Ability to carry out assignments to completion within the parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Knowledge of Agile and traditional project-management principles and practices, and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- Some experience with project-management tools (Jira, Trello).
- A passion for driving team wins.
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) preferred.
- Working familiarity with WordPress is a plus.
You will fit well in this position if:
- You are highly motivated and can work collaboratively with others in a creative environment.
- You have superior organization skills with an ability to catch all the details.
- You are action oriented and focused on completion of tasks while maintaining quality standards.
- You are self-motivated with an ability to take the initiative in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- You can provide guidance to ensure successful conclusions.
- You can identify workflow gaps and provide possible resolutions.
- You enjoy creating an effective teamwork environment.
The New York Times Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.