We’re seeking a Product Manager to spearhead next generation public media product strategy for audiences that rely on L.A.’s most listened-to NPR station KPCC and LAist.com in order to stay informed, inspired, and connected across platforms and devices. The ideal candidate has razor sharp product assessment skills with an ability for ruthless prioritization, can easily establish clarity amid chaos, and is comfortable with running lean.
Who we are KPCC and LAist are part of the Southern California Public Radio (SCPR) family of publications. Our mission is to strengthen civic and cultural bonds that unite Southern California’s diverse communities by providing the highest quality news and information through our website, mobile apps, social media channels, live events, and emerging media experiences.
About the team The product team at SCPR is a small and dedicated crew of developers, designers, and product managers who create and maintain our award-winning mobile apps and websites. We like to ship quickly but also strive for design excellence and code quality. In addition to working on our own publishing platform, we also collaborate with NPR (National Public Radio) on products, software tools, and data systems that are used by public radio stations across the nation.
Who you are
- Loves engaging with audience, members, and stakeholders to surface requirements
- Comfortable facilitating development and implementation of new editorial and business processes across a growing organization
- Can balance guiding internal teams through a consistent project vision with listening to, and incorporating, feedback from experts in their field
- Is obsessed with human-centered design and user research
- Can easily communicate product strategy to non-experts, both in one-on-one and large group meetings
- Stays current with emerging trends in UX, digital platforms, and online news
What you’ll do
- Come to work at the Mohn Broadcast Center in the heart of sunny Pasadena
- Lead an agile SCRUM product team to deliver world-class product experiences driven by user research and iterative releases
- Own SCPR product strategy and roadmap
- Solve strategic business and audience problems
- Grow the impact of SCPR’s digital platforms and emerging experiences
How to Apply To apply online, please follow this link: https://americanpublicmedia.applicantpro.com/jobs/1049562.html