We're looking for a writer to help create user assistance content for GitHub Help.
This writer will report to the Product Documentation Team Manager and work cooperatively with the Documentation team to produce task-based, user-facing help content about the power of GitHub products and tools, tailored to a range of audiences.
If you're a patient, compassionate writer who loves crafting excellent prose to help people use software, we really want to hear from you!
- Collaborate with the Documentation team on planning and developing user assistance content for GitHub products and tools, including (but not limited to) GitHub.com, GitHub Pages, and GitHub Enterprise.
- Cooperatively review and edit drafts of user assistance content with other writers on the team.
- Communicate with Support, Product, and Engineering teams about the user feedback, product changes, and technical product information that inform our documentation.
- Ability to create high-quality, long-form user assistance content for software products.
- Strong user advocate, especially for those new to a product or website.
- Ability to compassionately give and receive editorial critique.
- Excellent communication skills, especially when working with a distributed team. (The Documentation team is currently entirely distributed.)
- Strong ability to plan, prioritize, and carry out complex writing projects with high attention to detail along the way.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 15 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together. Empathy: We believe in putting people first. Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence. Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work. Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, and we think you will, too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you. We're happy to accommodate!
*Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your recruiter!