Daon is looking to win and deliver profitable business in the financial and public sectors across the Americas. The business focus and priority will be
- IdentityX in financial services
- Our biometric and identity solutions for public sector
- Expanding to other commercial sectors that offer similar opportunities.
We are looking for the consummate team player to champion our products to potential customers and partners.
As the Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer with primary responsibility for the Western U.S. and Canada, you will be the lead technical resource to support sales efforts in the region. You will work with the Sales team to provide product, business and technical knowledge in support of pre-sales activities, ongoing technical qualification of opportunities, representing the product to customers and prospects. As you may be called upon to lead the initial implementation phase(s) of strategic accounts located in this region, candidates must demonstrate prior success in both a pre-sales and delivery capacity. The right candidate excels at performing on-site technical leadership during proofs-of-concept and initial project implementation, ultimately ensuring customer satisfaction. You will also work closely with developers, engineering leads, and Product Management to understand current capabilities and future directions, evangelize customer-driven needs, and translate market opportunities into functional and technical requirements.
You will engage and support prospects and clients, leading the integration of multi-factor, biometric authentication technology into customers’ and partners’ systems. You will be responsible for customer-facing technical presentations and communications, creation of technical demonstrations, architectural design, and implementation planning. You will also play a key role in advancing customer-driven needs to product engineering and management.
- Champion the Daon value proposition to clients/partners and effectively address any technical/functional objections
- Perform the role of technical liaison to customers and partners during the pre-sales process. This includes but is not limited to conference calls, site visits, presentations, technical evaluations, technical objection handling, and follow up on all customer related issues
- Provide technical leadership to the solution identification / creation team
- Architect and as required implement customer solutions using Daon technologies to address client business objectives and support achievement of Daon’s revenue objectives
- Design and produce product demonstrations and prototypes for use in proof-of-concept customer evaluations and/or potentially production implementations; this includes the design, customization, and delivery of product demos and proofs of concept that are relevant to specific customers and industries
- Construct and deliver in-depth technical-oriented presentations about solution and product functionality
- Serve as subject-matter-expert around the use of biometrics and Daon technology, including educating prospective customers and partners and participating at shows and conferences
- Act as an escalation resource for technical support issues raised by internal Daon teams; at this level, the pre-sales resource should be able to resolve the majority of technical issues raised with support from internal Daon teams
- Review, analyze and respond to RFIs, RFPs and other tenders
- Partner with Sales, Professional Services, Engineering and Customer Support to develop strong customer relationships and enhance sales strategies/objectives
- Articulate innovative approaches to win business for Daon
- Interface to the Professional Services (PS) organization, as required. This role will coordinate with management on transitioning projects seamlessly to PS
- Coordinate on sales-sponsored initiatives with multiple departments within Daon
- 10+ year’s relevant experience in a customer-facing role. Preference given to those with team-lead experience.
- 3+ years implementation experience on projects with enterprise architecture and software development responsibilities (mobile strongly preferred)
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience working in financial services industry, information security industry and/or a software company (a plus)
- Familiarity with biometrics (not required but a plus) and with Daon products (a major plus)
Skills & Experience
- Interpersonal communication:
- Outstanding ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly in laymen’s terms using both oral and written communication
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Strong presence and influence skills
- Articulate and confident demeanour
- Demonstrated experience designing technical architectures for enterprise systems
- Mobile App development experience producing prototypes for iOS/Android (major plus)
- Excellent understanding of the Web/Mobile infrastructure ecosystem
- N-Tier architectures
- Web Services (SOAP and REST)
- Mobile development
- Familiarity with scalability and highly available systems, especially using cloud-based platforms (AWS, Azure)
- Experience with biometrics, information security (e.g. encryption) concepts and technologies and authentication techniques (e.g. multi-factor, OTP) (a plus)
- Demonstrated experience excelling in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
Want to learn about biometric verification and work with the latest generation smart phone technologies? Interested in learning new platforms and new technology? This is the job for you!
2017 - Forbes names Daon CEO (Tom Grissen) one of the 5 CEO’s reinventing industry through digital.
Daon, www.daon.com, is an innovator in developing and deploying biometric authentication and identity assurance solutions worldwide. Daon has pioneered methods for securely and conveniently combining biometric and identity capabilities in multiple channels with large-scale deployments that span payments verification, digital banking, and securing borders and critical infrastructure. Daon’s solutions provide our customers with choice, making it easier and safer for people to conduct business online, travel, vote, and so much more. Daon’s IdentityX® Platform for mobile biometric authentication removes friction from the authentication process while dramatically reducing fraud to previously unattainable levels. IdentityX allows businesses to conduct transactions with any consumer at any time with total confidence. Get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.