DESCRIPTION: Changing the world is all in a day's work at Apple. If you love innovation, here's your chance to make a career of it. You'll work hard. But the job comes with more than a few perks.
The Siri Search team is creating groundbreaking technology for algorithmic search, machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. The features we create are redefining how hundreds of millions of people use their computers and mobile devices to search and find what they are looking for. Siri’s universal search engine powers search features across a variety of Apple products, including Siri, Spotlight, Safari, Messages and Lookup. As part of this group, you will work with one of the most exciting high performance computing environments, with petabytes of data, millions of queries per second, and have an opportunity to imagine and build products that delight our customers every day.
- Knowledge of machine learning fundamentals such as feature extraction, learning algorithms, training and evaluation. Experience with NLP a plus (parsing, word-embeddings, etc.)
- You can execute experiments that accurately measure the quality of your work
- A deep curiosity and fundamental knowledge about the nuts and bolts of natural language understanding, data management and search engines
- You write clean and effective code in Python, Scala, Go, and/or Java
- Insatiable appetite to debug and figure out why the thing you built does not work as expected
- You know your ways around Postgres / Greenplum, Apache Spark, Jupyter, Pandas, etc
- Help Siri learn more about the world by expanding the underlying Knowledge Graph using state-of-the-art machine learning techniques
- Measure the quality and volume of data entering of Siri's Knowledge Graph, ensuring that users receive the best answers possible
BS in Computer Science or related degree required. MS preferred
Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.