Mobile Product Manager
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
Shell is reimagining what it means to be a retailer, enabling customers to have ultimate convenience and quality of service fuelled by digital technology. Personalised, engaging, connected, and simple, we aim to make our customers’ journeys better and more enjoyable through the use of innovative digital products and services.
What’s the role?
The Retail & Lubricants Digital team is looking for a Mobile Product Manager to lead the Shell mobile app strategy in collaboration with 35+ markets, key product teams [i.e. loyalty, crm, mobile payments, emobility, lubricants, mapping+navigation, single sign on, connected car, connected store] and key IT teams [i.e. Mobile CoE, Advanced Analytics CoE, Retail IT, GC IT, GF IT].
Our ideal candidate has the highest levels of passion for - and experience in – leading customer experience design, strategic development of digital products and services, and has an exceptional ability to connect with multiple areas of the business. As the Mobile Product Manager of the #1 fuels retailing app globally, you’ll be challenged with developing innovative experiences and solutions through the use of the Shell app. You’ll get to be part of a high-pace, high-energy and highly innovative, cross-functional team, and you’ll be essential in driving our retail mission forward.
Your remit includes:
Chief Product Owner for the Shell app
- Develop and define the 2025 mobile app strategy in collaboration with other Product Owners i.e. Loyalty, mPayments, CRM, B2B, eMobility, NFR, Customer Care, Connected Car, Web, RBLAs, etc
- Lead the user experience strategy development with our strategic mobile partner – MobGen – and the Mobile CoE
- Product owner for key services such as Single Sign On, Shell Drive, and My Garage
- Owner of the Global Mobile Catalogue of services available for markets
- Business lead for the overall mobile roadmap
Ensuring a 4* (or better) rating in the App Store and Google Play Store
What we need from you
We’re keen to hear from men and women whose CVs include the following: Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with limited information
- Critical, creative and strategic thinking capability
- Good relationship builder with cross-functional teams and markets
- Previous product management/development experience with a good track record of delivery i.e.
- experience working in a customer-focused role that works closely with IT or
- experience working in an IT role that delivers customer-facing digital
- experiences with business teams
- Ability to clearly articulate issues and create options in collaboration with partners for decision-making in governance forums
- Ability to demonstrate business acumen and decision-making
Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity, and respect aren't simply a strapline: they are a part of everything we do. What's more, Shell is an equal opportunities company, and we place the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and our inclusive approach. Join us and you’ll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Vacancy, Full-time, London, Product manager, Customer experience design.