Mid-Level Designer (Freelance/Part-Time)Posted by fevrokbot 3 months ago
At SOS Brooklyn, we believe in the bigger picture. We’re a small but mighty, fast-paced design, strategy and UX studio committed to serving educational technology and non-profit clients to make the world a better place. We’re a passionate crew, seeking a mid level designer to join us at our DUMBO headquarters for ongoing freelance/part-time work.
You’ll be a member of our award-winning team, responsible for helping to deliver creative, insightful solutions for our clients. You’ll generate ideas for interactive solutions that will delight our clients and their users. You’ll create beautiful, production-ready comps with creative executions. The role demands great execution, obsession with quality, optimism to solve problems with creativity while keeping the user in mind, and the ambition to take projects from start to finish.
If you’re a designer who sees the big picture, revels in the small details, and is eager for the opportunity to learn, grow, and contribute to great work in a low-ego, maker-centric environment, then let’s talk.
Skills and qualities we look for:
- 2–3 years of professional design experience
- Attention to detail
- Strong typography skills
- Expertise using Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient with shared tools including Sketch, Zeplin, and InVision
- A passion for working collaboratively
- A portfolio that demonstrates your creative problem solving
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication and presentation skills
- Confident in individual expertise and perspective, but eager to learn from others
- Fluent in a variety of prototyping methods and tools to explore and communicate ideas along the way.
- An understanding of the end-to-end design process and evidence of using appropriate methods to inform solutions
- A design-related degree or experience
- Passions and interests outside of work
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter, resume and a link to your online portfolio. Applications without portfolios and cover letters will not be taken into consideration. The position is for part-time, ongoing freelance work onsite in our DUMBO offices.
|Job Details||Job Requirements|
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Part Time||Vacancies||0|