Vox Media’s SB Nation is the fastest-growing online sports media brand and the largest network of more than 300 individual fan-centric sports communities, including SBNation.com, our national flagship property. Our network is powered by the most respected web-native sports journalists. We’re looking to expand our ability to tell stories in new formats, and that’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a video contributor to help us create video content for our baseball blogs.
Our MLB Video Contributor will be:
- Creating 5+ original videos per week that will live on SB Nation-branded MLB Facebook pages, websites, and other social channels;
- Working with League Manager and Executive Producer for video ideation, script development and editing, style guidelines, and distribution;
- Developing weekly video series, rallying to big social baseball moments with videos on the fly, and creating longer-tail evergreen videos capable of repeat sharing;
- Sharing best video practices with other site managers, so network bloggers can get a feel for what’s successful.
Our best candidates will:
- Have a passion for baseball in all its forms;
- Have the ability to produce short videos using software like iMovie, Adobe Final Cut, or other video editing software;
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy;
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment;
- This is a contractor position that pays a monthly stipend;
- Some daytime availability is preferred;
- Please include a portfolio of previous video work when applying.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.