The Evaluation Strategist plays a critical role on the Learning and Evaluation team in empowering program owners and evaluators from a variety of different countries to successfully self-evaluate their programs and events. The Learning and Evaluation team provides programs, products, and coaching to Wikimedia staff and communities in order to promote the use of evaluation for learning and to improve Wikimedia projects and communities.
We’d like you to do these things:
- Support the ongoing development of concepts and frameworks for movement-wide program evaluation and tooling with the goal to achieve consistency of success metrics and reporting
- Establish and maintains strong relationships with program owners and evaluators within the Wikimedia movement to promote reliable self-evaluation and learning
- Provide guidance as well as remote and in-person training around analyzing, interpreting and using evaluation data
- Support staff and evaluators in teaching evaluation as well as analyzing evaluation plans for key projects
- Monitor the self-evaluation efforts of program contributors
- Interpret and summarize the self-evaluation results obtained by program owners; synthesizes the results and creates written reports for Wikimedia management as needed
- Document program evaluation strategy within assigned projects
- Other duties as required
We’d like you to have these skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 5 years of experience in evaluation data management OR a Master’s degree in program evaluation, applied social science research, or equivalent, and a minimum of 2 years experience
- Experience building or customizing data collection and evaluation tools, rubrics, and assessments
- Strong track record of delivering results on time while achieving high quality outcomes; a hard worker with a high energy level
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, especially when it comes to communicating complicated processes and practices in a clear and easily understandable language to a highly diverse target group
- An open-minded person who seeks and values diversity, input and collaboration from various constituencies; able to make unpopular assessments when necessary and explain them; a good listener who is comfortable receiving input from many sources
- Ability to negotiate with people having sharply defined feelings while maintaining positive, respectful relationships
- Strong cross-cultural sensitivity and ability to understand international cultures and customs and be respectful with people from different parts of the world
- Workshop design, presentation, and/or facilitation skills
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally a few times a year to support in-person trainings.
And it would be even more awesome if you have this:
- Experience in database creation/querying/SQL
- Mediawiki markup skills
- Experience working in a non-profit and working with volunteers is preferred
- Good knowledge and ability to navigate Wikimedia projects and community and to design and create wiki-based content.
- Strong track record of positive and friendly communication with members of the global Wikimedia community
- A team player with a good sense of humor
- Fluency in at least two languages a plus along with working with internationally dispersed teams
Benefits & Perks *
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their eligible families (yes, fully paid premiums!)
- The Wellness Program provides reimbursement for mind, body and soul activities such as fitness memberships, massages, cooking classes and much more
- The 401(k) retirement plan offers matched contributions at 4% of annual salary
- Flexible and generous time off – vacation, sick and volunteer days, plus 19 paid holidays – including the last week of the year.
- Family friendly! 100% paid new parent leave for seven weeks plus an additional five weeks for pregnancy, flexible options to phase back in after leave, fully equipped lactation room.
- For those emergency moments – long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses
- Telecommuting and flexible work schedules available
- Appropriate fuel for thinking and coding (aka, a pantry full of treats) and monthly massages to help staff relax
- Great colleagues – diverse staff and contractors speaking dozens of languages from around the world, fantastic intellectual discourse, mission-driven and intensely passionate people
* for benefits eligible staff, benefits may vary by location