You'll be working directly on building new functionality into the product as well as working on existing features. We've had more interest than we ever anticipated and because our CEO is an engineer, we're hiring early to ensure the quality of our design-led product is maintained.
We work with a NodeJS/GraphQL backend (on top of Heroku/Postgres) and a Redux/React front-end.
A JS Engineer at Impala:
- Takes ownership of features, working across both back and front-end. This is made incredibly easy with GraphQL.
- Spends time working on tooling to fix our common problems. In the past this has involved building chrome extensions and open source libraries.
- Has a direct input in the formulation of functionality.
We are accepting fully remote applicants for the position as well as London based (or want-to-be-London-based) applicants. You will be required to come to London on a monthly basis (at our expense) if you are based remotely however and so the role is probably limited to those based in Western Europe.
All full-time employees will take equity stakes in the company. How much will depend on experience.
We're looking for engineers who are genuinely interested in using the latest web technologies when they're available. We're also looking for people who can build things well and without causing extreme technical debt but that also like to ship.
You won't be asked about linked lists or binary search trees in your interview but you will be asked about ES6 and APIs that you've worked with.
What we need to see:
- Experience with Postgres/MySQL (Postgres preferable)
- An interest in taking ownership of functionality
What we'd love to see:
- Experience with Redux or significant experience with ReactJS
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with React Native
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|