Internal Product and Support Engineer @ VeroPosted by fevrokbot 1 month ago
At Vero, we help product teams create unique customer experiences.
We help track, store and transform data so that teams can create more personalised email campaigns. We tracked over six billion actions for over five hundred million end-users last year and we're growing quickly.
We're looking for a Internal Product and Support Engineer to join our team. The scope of this role is to help new and current customers use Vero, providing technical and non-technical advice to ensure they have a great experience. To excel in this role you must be a great communicator, a creative and critical thinker and someone who loves learning.
Most importantly, you need to love helping people!
NOTE: for this role we are specifically looking for candidates living in the GMT-8 to GMT-5 timezones. This includes the US West and East Coasts, but can be anywhere, we're a remote team.
Learn more about life at Vero on our website.
What’s an Internal Product and Support Engineer do?
As a Technical Support Engineer at Vero, your job is to ensure customers get setup on, and continue to use, Vero. Your job is to help customers with anything and everything, using your technical background to promptly solve their problems, or investigate and fix root causes.
Specific responsibilities in this role:
- Answer support tickets in a timely manner during your working day,
- Coordinate issues with other Support Team members to ensure a timely resolution of issues,
- Build relationships with Vero's customers, constantly striving to help them do their best work, as efficiently as possible.
You'll work with the Product and Support teams on a daily basis to make Vero a better product, and to ensure customers have the best experience they can.
Here’s a list of skills we expect you to bring to your role as a Success Engineer at Vero:
- 2+ years software engineering experience. We expect you’ll have two or more years commercial experience as a software engineer using Ruby. Ruby is the tool you’ll use for scripting and advancing Vero the product
For your reference, Vero is predominantly built using the following tools:
- Amazon AWS. We use a ton of Amazon's AWS offerings here at Vero.
- Databases. We use PostgreSQL, Redshift, Cassandra, Redis and ElasticSearch here at Vero.
- Communication. You’ll be a great communicator. You’re the frontline for our team’s contact with companies sending large volumes of mission critical emails.
- Problem solving. A passion for solving complex customer problems in the most robust and fastest way possible, helping them achieve their goals without sacrificing quality. You’ll have an interest in the way businesses operate globally and the challenges they face, as you’ll be working with people from around the world.
- Empathy. A good eye and sense for people’s needs and wants. A high EQ is important.
This role is open to engineers of all experience levels. If you have 10 years experience solving hard problems in PHP we want to hear from you. The most important aspects of this role are a focus on problem solving and a desire to find the root cause, fix it and make Vero a better product for our customers.
- Competitive salary. We're a profitable, growing company and believe in paying all of our employees well. We're a startup, but we make sure we look after our team.
- Flexible work. Work in the way that produces the best results. Many of our team members work from home and we’re committed to helping you feel like you can be the happiest and most productive you, whether that’s in our well-appointed office, or somewhere else. Note: due to the nature this role, you will be required you to work during standard office hours, Monday to Friday in your timezone. Where you work is up to you!
- Make a difference. As a small team, you’ll be working with highly motivated, fast-thinking and intelligent team members from multiple walks of life. Our engineer to email volume ratio is 1:33,000,000. We believe in small teams that use processes and engineering to move the needle (WhatsApp, Instagram) and have built a team to match.
- Team Retreat. We host an annual team retreat (last year we went to Thailand) to get together as a team, challenge the status-quo and explore new parts of the world.
|Job Details||Job Requirements|
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|
|Location||United States, California, California City|