Intermediate Ruby ProgrammerPosted by fevrokbot 3 months ago
LuxuryRealEstate.com is looking for a motivated, up and coming Ruby developer with focus on open source technologies. We are a membership-based organization that markets global leaders in luxury real estate and the properties they represent.
We're maintaining a handful of web applications written in Ruby ranging from the public LuxuryRealEstate.com, an inquiry manager CRM, a custom report generator, a membership directory generator, a real estate listing manager to a RESTful API for maintaining our resources. We're excited to be entering a phase where we are moving to implementing new websites using front end technologies such as Node.js and Express.js on top of our own Ruby backed API.
Some of the challenges we face is to process daily real estate data imports from hundreds of brokerages around the world, and to weigh refactoring of legacy code versus implementing new features for our member brokerages.
As a key member of our Interactive Media team, you will play a central part in building the next generation of our online offerings for real estate brokers worldwide. You will also play a large part in refactoring our battle tested legacy code to conform to today's best practices.
* Have a year of Ruby experience
* Can read and write basic SQL
* Can read and write basic shell scripts (sh, bash)
* Have used a Redhat based distro (AWS, Red Hat, Centos, Fedora) on a daily basis
* An active Github account that shows diversity of interests.
* Know how to use basic GNU coreutils
* Basic MySQL administration skills
You report to the VP of Interactive Media. This is a full-time position either on site with our developer team in our office in downtown Seattle, a block away from the Pike Place Market, or a remote position from anywhere. LuxuryRealEstate.com is pleased to offer employee medical, dental, vision and life insurance, with ten paid holidays and three weeks vacation/sick time annually. A 401(k) plan is available.
Why Work With Us?
* We are a financially stable family owned company who have been around marketing leading luxury brokers worldwide ever since Top Gun was the biggest grossing movie, Elvis Presley was inducted to the Rock'n Roll Hall of Fame, and. . . Lindsay Lohan was born.
* We're an agile company with quick decision making processes.
* We're conveniently located by Pike Place Market.
* We don't support IE 8 or older. ;)
This is a full-time position with great people and great benefits.
|Job Details||Job Requirements|
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|