Graphic Designer @ OpenStack FoundationPosted by fevrokbot 2 months ago
OpenStack is the leading open-source software for distributed clouds and IaaS software, used by small businesses and huge enterprises around the world. The OpenStack Foundation (a small, distributed team of folks) is looking for a full-time graphic designer to join the team and help grow the OpenStack message.
- Work across teams to help execute marketing, event, and community goals through beautiful design.
- Collaborate with leadership to translate Foundation goals into high-level visual pieces.
- Develop on-brand designs for use in web, event and print mediums.
- Minimum of 3 years of hands on design experience working in a collaborative team environment such as an ad agency, in-house creative team, or design firm.
- Portfolio showing exceptional creative and conceptual design talent across a variety of mediums including UI/UX, print and/or event production.
- Proficient in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator to develop final designs. Pencil & paper or another quick process for wireframes, high-level sketches and concepts.
- Practice user-centric design, considering contexts, form-factors and accessibility.
- Understand design’s impact on retention, community building and way finding among other purposes.
- Be open and grateful for direct feedback from everyone on the team and in the community.
- Clearly articulate your ideas over chat, email, or in group environments.
- Thrive working remotely in home office, coffee shop or coworkers space.
- Multi-task effortlessly, juggling several projects at once.
- Take pride in quick turnarounds, understanding ‘good enough’ is better than ‘perfect’ when deadlines are approaching.
- Experience in working on a distributed team.
- Experience with front-end dev (HTML/CSS/JS) and an appetite to dig in further.
- Experience with InDesign.
- Have an understanding of how open source communities work and how the products within are developed.
- Competitive salary.
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401K with matching benefits available.
- Fantastic travel opportunities ahead. As an example, OpenStack Summits happening in Sydney, Vancouver, and Berlin over the next 18 months.
- Watch as your amazing work is showcased around the world!
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|