Symmetry is a global investment company with offices in Hong Kong and London. We have been in business since 2014 after successfully spinning off from a major New York-based hedge fund. Currently we have about 95 full time employees and manage approximately US$3.6 billion of capital. At Symmetry Investments, we seek to engage in intelligent risk-taking to create value for our clients, partners and employees. We derive our edge from our capacity to generate Win-Wins – in the broadest sense. Win-Win is our fundamental ethical and strategic principle. By generating Win-Wins, we can create unique solutions that reconcile perspectives that are usually seen as incompatible or opposites, and encompass the best that each side has to offer.
- We integrate fixed-income arbitrage with global macro strategies in a novel way.
- We invent and develop technology that focuses on the potential of human-machine integration.
- We build systems where machines do what they do best, supporting people to do what people do best.
- We are creating a collaborative meritocracy: a culture where individual contribution serves both personal and collective goals - and is rewarded accordingly.
- We value both ownership thinking AND cooperative team spirit, self-realization AND community.
Job Title: Full-Stack/Platform Developer
Location: Hong Kong
Application close date: 31/12/2017
- Helping build libraries, automated reports and interactive tools used by researchers, PMs and traders and managing all aspects of the iterative rapid prototyping process
- Developing libraries and packages for increased integration between tools (Excel, Python, D, various other libraries and packages)
- Consulting with investment professionals on business requirements, performing the analysis to solve the business problem, and automating the workflow for the solutions
- Working collaboratively, under changing requirements, across different teams at the firm, using short feedback loops to iteratively refine tools and processes (agile-like development process)
- Managing ad-hoc projects involving breaking down business requirements into software requirements, putting together plans to fulfil the requirements and developing software to meet the business requirements
- The ability to “hit the ground running” and being immediately productive in one or more programming languages (Python, R, D, Java, C#, C++, etc.)
- Good coding habits (using repos, creating documentation, testing, etc.)
- Incredibly detail oriented, self-directed and keen to learn
- Able to independently see an idea through from inception to completion
Nice to Have
- Prior experience with database management and web scraping
- Prior experience setting up Dev-Ops workflow (processes for automated documentation creation, testing, deployment and application management for teams)
- Some degree of experience or knowledge of the financial industry, prior experience with FICC products
Along with CV, please submit links to any publically-available, non-proprietary code that you’ve worked on, or created (i.e. Github, Bitbucket, etc.)
If you possess the relevant skills and wish to apply for this position, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "FULL STACK/PLATFORM DEVELOPER" in the title of your application.