Network Next | Full Stack Software Engineer | Santa Monica, CA | Full-Time | Onsite | $100-150k USD, up to 1% equity
Do you love helping game developers create great multiplayer experiences?
Founded in 2017 by game developers and networking pros, and backed by $4.5M in seed investment, Network Next is creating the internet fast lane for games, a network that delivers the best multiplayer experiences possible.
With our technology, real-time applications purchase high performance, low-latency routes on our neutral marketplace—every 10 seconds. You’ll be working with Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Go, C/C++, TypeScript and React.
Are you a Full Stack Software Engineer ready to fix the Internet for games? Join us in Santa Monica where you'll help game developers deliver amazing multiplayer experiences.
What you will do:
As part of your role at Network Next, you will:
- Work with customers to ensure Network Next delivers the performance and quality characteristics required by their game or application.
- Develop our Go/Kubernetes backend stack to enable us to meet our exponentially growing traffic needs.
- Develop the React/TypeScript frontend to allow game developers and network suppliers to analyze, debug and optimize network traffic.
- Address high priority production issues raised internally or by our customers on a rotating, on-call basis.
- Improve our continuous integration and deployment pipeline to iterate and ship new features, quickly and reliably.
- Continuously identify, break down, and prioritize upcoming work to enable Network Next to quickly deliver the highest value improvements for our customers.
What it’s like at Network Next:
You’ll join a diverse team with experience from a wide range of backgrounds, who care deeply about work-life balance and delivering value to our customers.
- Located within walking distance of the Santa Monica pier, there’s plenty of nearby places to grab a coffee or lunch.
- Flexible working hours—most people work in the office from 10AM–5PM, with remote as needed.
- Unlimited PTO—and we mean it. If you feel like taking time away from work, you’re encouraged to do so.
- “Work from home” Fridays. Whether you’re working from home, or finding a nice coffee shop to work out of, we work away from the office on Fridays so we can be productive anywhere.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, a company funded 401k with 5% matching, a conference budget and generous hardware/software allowance, and rapid career growth opportunities.
Compensation: $100k–$150k USD, with up to 1% equity.
Things we look for:
- You have experience working within the Linux environment.
- You’ve worked in Go, TypeScript and C++ before, or you’re a polyglot engineer who can quickly pick up new programming languages.
- You understand networking protocols and in particular UDP.
- You've built and deployed applications at scale, and have a deep understanding of the reliability challenges facing large-scale deployments.
- You have strong critical thinking skills, and can make sound decisions with limited information.
- You have solid communication and interpersonal skills. You can validate and communicate decisions clearly to the team, and with customers.
- Bonus: Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Google Cloud Platform, gRPC, Cloud Datastore, Bigtable, Kubernetes, BigQuery, Redis, React.
- Bonus: You’ve written your own networking protocols before, or have experience implementing game networking.
- Bonus: You have been involved in project planning and scheduling, prioritizing tasks and have an economical focus on delivering the most value for customers.
- Bonus: Development experience with game consoles, including Sony Playstation, Microsoft XBox One or the Nintendo Switch.
These aren’t hard requirements, and if you don't feel like you meet everything listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway. Above everything else, we’re looking for talented individuals who want to make the Internet better for games.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.