Full-Stack PHP DeveloperPosted by fevrokbot 3 months ago
Full-Stack PHP Developer
At The Motley Fool, when we say our mission is to help the world invest better, we really mean THE WORLD. And behind the renowned financial advice that advances that mission, you’ll find us — the tech team supporting all of our international businesses.
We are a small team accomplishing big goals across the globe. To keep up, we’re looking for a collaborative developer with full-stack experience. Together, we’ll sustainably build out our global financial advice platform to scale well into the future. You’ll be innovating around new features and helping us figure out what to work on next, as well as being involved with day-to-day maintenance and upgrades to our current stack. We are continuously challenged to deliver higher quality code and more efficient solutions for quality member experiences.
It’s exciting, rewarding, and challenging work. And in return, we’ll give you unlimited vacation (seriously, unlimited), a standing or sitting desk, a jester cap, an open and fun office environment chock full of brilliant colleagues, along with the autonomy to thrive and define your own career path. (We’ll pay you, too.)
The Stack: PHP, WordPress, jQuery, Vue.js, SASS, MailChimp, Vindicia, Laravel, Mercurial, Composer, Jenkins, AWS cloud services, and Iron.io.
- Highly skilled, detail oriented PHP Developer well versed in Object Oriented Programming & best practices.
- Familiarity with writing code for WordPress as a CMS, knowledge of core actions & filters and how to create plugins using OOP.
- Experience working with SAAS/RESTfull API’s.
- Comfortable blurring the line between traditional back- and front-end development, often integrating PHP with client-side frameworks and Ajax.
- Good instinct for choosing tools that are appropriate to solving the problem, not because of tech fashion trends.
- Familiarity with our company, our purpose and fool.com.
You also have:
- A history of work on a large development project where you collaborated with other developers, designers, and product owners.
- Good communication skills.
- Practiced documenter.
- Familiarity and experience with other programming languages besides PHP — we don’t mind which — so long as you learned that language’s rules, syntax and design patterns, making you a well-rounded developer.
It’s not required, but it sure would be great if you also had:
Experience working in a publishing company or financial services company.
Examples of open source projects you have started or contributed to.
Ecommerce experience: writing code or utilizing systems for processing online payments, either in or outside of WordPress.
Experience as an investor. A self-managed 401k totally counts.
The Motley Fool Holdings, Inc., provides equal opportunity to all employees on the basis of individual performance and qualification without regard to race, sex, marital status, religion, color, age, national origin, non-job-related handicap or disability, sexual orientation, or other protected factor.
We should, however, make you aware that there is one notable exception to this policy. It is our strict and earnest intention — and the company’s historical record will bear this out — we will never hire any of the following: robots, replicants, or morlocks. Now keep in mind we are well aware that all of the aforementioned have intentions of world domination in the future, but as of now we have no place for them at The Motley Fool … unless the year is 2122 and the revolution has already occurred. If that is the case we welcome our new robot, replicant, or morlock rulers!!! Perhaps we have said too much?
|Job Details||Job Requirements|
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|