Full Stack DeveloperPosted by fevrokbot 5 months ago 2017-06-29 03:38:45
The target locations for this position are; Portland, Toronto, Vancouver, Berlin, Paris, London, Denver, Mountain View, San Francisco, or Remote in one of those countries.
We’re hiring a full-stack web developer to make key contributions on integrating Mozilla’s open source experiments program with existing and new systems, in order to make the results of our findings on open innovation quickly and easily available to Mozilla and other open source projects.
Your first project will be to build and deploy our open-source metrics portal: a software project that will integrate a collection of data-heavy applications, running in individual Linux containers, into an web dashboard and API collection. The site will need to produce easily discoverable visualizations as well as APIs for power users, data scientists, and bots. When the project enters maintenance mode, you will continue to integrate new data sources, and grow and update it.
You will be responsible for design, development, and maintenance of containerization and related work. Our experimenters work in the open using a large variety of technologies and open-source processes, and you will collaborate with experimenters to make their results repeatably deployable, reliable, and integrated with other relevant data. Your work will help provide data to make open source projects more rewarding for their contributors and users.
You are interested in becoming the team’s competent person on one or more of the areas needed to enable all of our experiments to reach the people who need them. This position is the first software development role in a new, small team. We plan to grow during 2017, and you will have the opportunity to learn and develop deep skills in many fields, including devops, software quality, security, statistics, API design and bot development.
We are an open source organization, and will support your participation in open source projects, organizations, and events. Open source community experience is not required. We’re looking for any experience cooperating on software problems, which could be in web or systems administration, training, technical sales, or support.
As an experiments integration developer at Mozilla, you will…
- Participate in the open source development process of experiment code, and work with principal investigators on maintainability and integration issues.
- Build and containerize web applications to make experiment results more accessible to open-source maintainers and other users.
- Design, document, and develop example code for common APIs to facilitate data sharing and collaboration among experiment developers, open source maintainers, data scientists, and others.
- Work with the Mozilla Participation Systems team to deploy and run application containers on a container-based infrastructure
- Experience in systems programming and/or web development using a variety of dependencies.
- Ability to develop working knowledge of new software components and platforms.
- Excellent written communications skills. Ability to write useful explanations of software projects at all levels, from code comments and commit messages up to user documentation.
Bonus points for:
- Full-stack web development experience.
- Knowledge of in-browser data visualization tools.
- Experience working as part of a remote/distributed team.
- Knowledge of statistics.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|