Who we are
Avochato is an enterprise mobile messaging company based in San Francisco, California. Consumers prefer to communicate with messaging platforms, but businesses are built for email. Avochato upgrades enterprises to messaging. Join us in developing a product that users love.
As a Full Stack Developer you will collaborate closely with other members of the Product and Engineering teams to make new experiences come to life while addressing scalability and usability concerns on an iterative basis. On a given day at Avochato, you may:
- Develop new and existing data models, as well as intuitive web interfaces to display and manipulate those models at scale
- Submit and review pull requests on a daily basis
- Research and integrate the Avochato Platform with external APIs based on business needs
- Develop and document public-facing RESTful APIs on behalf of Avochato customers
- Collaborate with Customer Success and Product teams to solve complex business problems and debug new and existing regressions experienced by users
- Collaborate with other engineers to pragmatically update and maintain the Avochato Messaging API, mobile apps, and web dashboard with zero downtime.
San Francisco / Bay Area on-site only. No remote options are available at this time.
BS/BA or higher preferred but not required.
- 5+ Years production experience developing dynamic web applications using CSS3 & HTML5 and an MVC framework
- 3+ Years production experience using Ruby on Rails
- 5+ Years production experience in collaboratively versioning and distributing code with Git
- 5+ Years using a SQL in production
- 3+ Years of cross-browser and mobile web experience including Chrome, Firefox, IE 8-11, Edge, Safari, Safari Mobile
- Strong communication skills, autonomous but comfortable asking for help
- Thirst for knowledge
Nice to have experience in any of the following:
- AWS (S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloudfront, Route53)
- React / React Native
What we're building
At Avochato, we believe customers are in the driver’s seat. Customers want the flexibility to communicate with businesses immediately and when they do, their experiences need to be personalized, instant, and always on. Facing increasing customer demands, sales, marketing, and customer support teams must rise to the occasion.
Fortunately, Avochato makes it easy for all teams to connect with customers and deliver a seamless and efficient experience every step of the way from lead capture and nurturing to post-sale support. The result: you increase engagement with your customers to close more deals, faster than ever before.
SMS is the most immediate, attention-grabbing, and cost-effective communication channel there is. It boasts the highest read rate of any channel – over 90 percent of all texts are read within three minutes of delivery. It is not a surprise, then, to see that businesses around the world are increasingly adopting text messaging for their communications.
Why You’ll Love Avochato
- Everyone at Avochato is committed to making a positive impact above all else– as leaders we lead people to a better place, whether it’s a teammate, a customer, a customer’s customer, an investor, an advisor, a family member, or a friend-Avochato believes in personal growth, transparency, and a high degree of autonomy
- Customers (and employees) love our product. Check out our reviews on G2 Crowd, Capterra and on Glassdoor
- Sales cycles are fast at Avochato, and we celebrate every win on a daily basis across all teams
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great people to the team
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees, as well asa 401k plan
Text AVO to +1 (415) 691-2455