About CNP Recognized by Ad Age in 2016 as one of the best agencies in the country to work for, CNP is an award-winning, integrated marketing agency serving a national client base out of Winter Haven, Florida. For more than 26 years, we’ve served clients in tourism, financial services, higher education and B2B, with the goal of helping them standout, grow and become wildly successful. For three consecutive years we’ve been recognized by Florida Trend Magazine as one of Florida’s premier employers.
About the Job CNP is looking for a front-end-focused WordPress developer to join our award-winning interactive team. The best candidates will have at least 3 years of web development experience translating custom designs from Photoshop or Sketch into carefully crafted HTML, CSS, and JS (and the work samples to prove it). 90% of the dev work we do is WordPress-based, but they all include a ton of custom functionality. That would be your department, so we’re looking for someone who can hit the ground running with an active knowledge of the WordPress core and proper plug-in development techniques.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Tech-savvy, friendly and always excited to stay up-to-date on new technologies.
- 3+ years experience developing custom WordPress themes
- Experience in PHP and WordPress (or something similar) with an understanding of Object Oriented development and various design patterns.
- Understanding of proper database design techniques (primarily MySQL & MSSQL). Obviously, you’ll also need to know how to get data into and out of any server.
- Ability to collaborate with the rest of the team to set and enforce best-practices for a team-based development environment.
- Proven ability to politely communicate technical topics to non-technical audiences.
- A fundamental understanding of how the internet works.
Bonus points for any of the following:
- Experience with Kentico and .Net development.
- Experience in effectively managing projects and/or people.
- Experience working with clients to assess needs and develop a project’s scope.
Salary and Benefits Benefits include fully paid healthcare, vision, dental, life insurance, disability, 401k (with 3% company contribution), employee bonus program, open vacation policy, cell phone, gym membership, high-end equipment and a $200 check on your birthday (!) … not to mention competitive pay and top-notch co-workers.
Please note: This is a full-time position working on-location in our beautiful office in downtown Winter Haven, FL