Front-End Engineer - 4841 - Portland, San Fran, or Remote (U.S. ONLY)Posted by fevrokbot 2 months ago
As part of the continued growth of our Engineering team, Oportun is seeking to bring aboard an experienced Front-end Engineer. We’re looking not only for a proven engineer, but for a great team member--someone who is comfortable working with our product, platform, and design teams to bring the next step in our company vision to life.
In our team, we put a high degree of trust in our leaders to deliver against the commitments we make to each other and to our business partners. Therefore, you’ll need to demonstrate a high degree of accountability, the ability to spot a problem + own it to resolution and the ability to inspire others to cross the finish line strong.
What we look for in an ideal candidate:
- Desire for quick-iteration--working closely with design and product teams to make incremental and impactful enhancements to the frontend
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects at once
- Experience with responsive web design (knowing what media queries are, for example, and when to use them)
- Experience with REST-based APIs
- 3+ years experience with at least one of the following frontend frameworks: Angular.js, Backbone, Ember.js, Knockout.js
- Comfortable using the Atlassian tools to track your tasks and code (JIRA/Bitbucket)
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience contributing front-end code to a publicly available, consumer-focused web application
- A passion for quality design, and pixel-perfect implementation.
- 5 years+ years experience shipping quality frontend code
Oportun is a financial technology company founded in 2005. Our mission is to provide affordable loans to US Latinos and others in order to build a better future. Oportun uses advanced data analytics and technology to score and lend money to individuals with limited credit history – people other lenders consider “unscorable.”
In recognition of Oportun’s goals of increasing economic opportunity for our clients, promoting community development, and serving low-income or underserved communities, Oportun was certified by the United States Department of Treasury as a Community Development Financial Institution or CDFI.
At Oportun, everything we do reflects our corporate values of Service, Care, Innovation, Courage, Excellence, and Empowerment.
Oportun is a great place to work if you are as enthusiastic about helping others as you are about your own professional development and career. As our CEO Raul Vazquez says, “Earning a paycheck to support yourself and your family is critical. Satisfying career ambitions is rewarding.But there is no greater privilege than having a challenging job where you are growing and learning professionally, while having a strong positive impact on the lives of others… And that is what we do here every day.”
|Job Details||Job Requirements|
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|
|Location||United States, California, California City|