GitHub is looking for full-time Enterprise Support Engineers to provide Japanese-language support for our customers in Japan.
More and more companies are using GitHub Enterprise, so our global Enterprise Support Team is quickly growing. When our customers have problems, they contact us and it is our goal to help them as quickly, and awesomely as possible. We're looking for Japanese language Enterprise Support Engineers to join our Asia Pacific Support team. This role is remote, but candidates must currently be located in Australia, Japan, or New Zealand and possess legal working authorization.
At GitHub, we take support seriously, and this is not an entry-level position. Our Enterprise Support Engineers are responsible for helping our GitHub Enterprise customers who have our product installed and managed in the customer's virtualization environment. Your main responsibility will be to work with our customers to solve support tickets. Tickets are usually opened by internal system administrators, and can include investigating load or networking issues, debugging application errors, and discussing feature requests. You'll also work with our engineering team to prioritize issues and development, and our documentation team to improve customer-facing resources. You don’t need to be a Git expert, but you do need to have technical experience and a passion for helping people.
The position reports to an Enterprise Support Manager and works closely with other teams and leaders across the company. GitHub works remotely and asynchronously as much as possible. While this role does not require you to live near one of our offices, it will require some travel to meet with co-workers or attend company events.
- Solve complex customer support tickets often involving Linux servers, source code, and web application issues
- Effectively communicate technical information to customers and engineering groups at GitHub
- Work proactively with customers on activities such as coordinating upgrades, communicating upcoming features, and ensuring their installation is running smoothly
- Identify bugs and improvements in the GitHub Enterprise codebase
- Manage urgent customer outages during business hours
- Current legal working authorization in Japan
- Experience with Linux
- General understanding of how modern web applications work
- Prior experience providing technical support
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with some flavor of production-level virtual machine (e.g., VMware ESX, Xen, KVM)
- Enthusiasm for working directly with customers
- Stellar Japanese and grammar skills
- Business level English skills
- Worked closely with large complex customer accounts
- Familiarity with Git and GitHub
- Experience with phone support
- The ability to look through and understand code (Ruby / Bash)
- Previous experience as a Linux System Administrator
- Previous experience providing on-site consulting or professional services
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over fifteen million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together. Empathy: We believe in putting people first. Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence. Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work. Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we're committed to quality, collaboration, experimentation...and shipping!
We constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Additionally, we enable Hubbers who are not based in HQ, to have the flexibility to work in ways that are most effective for them (at home, in a workspace, etc).
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Recruiter!