Engineering Manager, Information SecurityPosted by fevrokbot 3 months ago
InVision is the world’s leading design collaboration platform.
We enable companies of all sizes to discover the power of design-driven product development. That’s why nearly 3,000,000 designers, product managers, marketers and other stakeholders at so many of the world’s most loved startups, agencies, & corporations use InVision every day, including Uber, Evernote, Twitter, Adobe, Salesforce and many more.
We are looking for a security engineering manager for our growing InfoSec team. The candidate should be a player/coach, someone with significant technical chops who is willing to roll-up their sleeves and to actively guide and mentor. Candidates should have several years’ experience in the areas of security governance, risk and compliance. Knowledge or expertise of application development including Go, React and Node is a huge bonus.
The candidate will be managing two security teams totaling 7 engineers whose objectives include the protection of business and customer data, organizational and third-party compliance, risk management, application, system, network, cloud and data security.
- Passion for creating and mentoring engineering teams; you really enjoy watching engineers learn and thrive in their careers.
- Bias towards action, absolute willingness to own the problem and drive towards a speedy solution; you won’t stop until the problem is solved and the solution efficient.
- Keen eye for details and delivering quality products on tight timelines; you can find solutions which may be outside of the box, you approach problem spaces from many angles.
- Collaborative nature, with willingness and desire to work across multiple teams and departments; you can take all concerned parties into consideration and craft solutions which are win-win for everyone.
- You will be working with stakeholders from across the organization, from Product managers to C-level executives.
- Mentoring and helping engineers plan and execute their career plans.
- Listening to the customer, and work with your team to create solutions that will have the highest impact.
- Encouraging proper architecture, planning, and implementation process for your team and their stakeholders.
- Iterate on your product and own its quality and impact to our customers.
- Collaborating across departments to understand user needs, prioritizing new features, and communicating product roll-outs.
- 10+ years experience in a security role
- 4+ years experience as a manager with direct reports in a dedicated InfoSec field
- Strong problem solving and decision-making ability, with a breadth of experience in governance, risk and compliance
- Strong communication skills with internal departments and stakeholders to identify security needs, gaps and solutions
- Understanding of the ISO and NIST frameworks
- Experience with managing third party audits (SOC, PCI)
- Familiarity with SaaS services, cloud environments and containerization
- Experience managing or strong experience in specific areas of cloud, application and system security
- Obsessively thorough with an eye for detail
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to thrive working remotely in a variable and demanding startup environment
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. In the United States we have teams including hubs in New York, San Francisco, Austin, Portland, and Boston. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose. Among our benefits we offer competitive health plans, 401k, a flexible vacation policy, unlimited Starbucks cards for each employee, and unlimited books related to your profession.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
|Job Details||Job Requirements|
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|