Engineering ManagerPosted by fevrokbot 3 months ago
Formstack, the most flexible and powerful form building application, is looking for an
to add to its already awesome Dev team!
Formstack is an 11 year old company with its roots in Indianapolis. Our customers span 110 different countries, and our employees live and work across the U.S. and the globe. We provide a remote work environment that is flexible and provides great freedom for those who can perform.
What You Will Do:
You will work directly with the product managers and product design leads to help scope and hand off product features to the development team. Responsibilities include tracking team performance, setting and meeting goals, managing expectations, and delivering software on a deadline.
The majority of this role will be to manage people, projects and timelines. You should have an understanding of software development and be comfortable helping out when needed.
Who You Are:
You are a great leader, listener, decision maker, and can think on your feet. You believe people should lead by example. You have great attention to detail and enjoy keeping track of the who, what, when, where, and why. Constantly thinking about how to improve the development process keeps you up at night. You put your team ahead of yourself and try to do what's best for all parties involved. You aren't scared to make mistakes and try new things to achieve your objectives. You are comfortable not always knowing the answer and without a doubt a great communicator.
Who We Are:
We are a group of people who care about our customers and our teammates. We love what we do and what it means to our clients. Relationships are very important to us and we strive to create an environment where you can solve problems creatively and be yourself. We enjoy posting gifs (hard G) to HipChat, playing Team Fortress 2, eating lunch on camera (remote lunch get-togethers) and supporting each other. We believe strongly in a work/life balance and letting teams make their own decisions.
- Demonstrated success working in a development environment
- Proven success as a team lead or similar position
- Comfortable managing a team of up to 6-8 developers and QA Analysts (we work in x-functional teams)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable with agile methodologies & scrum
- Proven ability to manage a remote team of software developers
- Passion for quality. Code coverage with unit tests should be as complete as possible. Strive for performance and correctness.
- Experience working and managing teams over multiple time zones
- Experience using JIRA or similar software
What Formstack Offers:
- Remote environment
- Medical, Dental, Vision as well as company-paid Disability and Life Insurance Benefits.
- 401k with matching company contribution
- Friday Lunch (Indianapolis Office)
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Company-paid conferences and extended learning
- Yearly company gatherings
- Generous PTO
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Check out this Video and apply if you want to jump into the next great chapter of your life!
|Job Details||Job Requirements|
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|