DevOps EngineerPosted by fevrokbot 5 months ago 2017-06-20 04:39:36
At Venmo, we are creating a product that people love. We strive to create a delightful user experience while connecting the world and empowering people through payments. Fueled by healthy snacks, locally sourced cold brew, and each other, our team solves exciting new challenges every day. We are looking for intellectually curious people who want to be inspired and inspire others to change the world.
Engineering at Venmo
Engineering is a craft, and at Venmo we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing.
The Engineering Team at Venmo is a tightly-knit group of contributors, domain experts, managers, scientists, and researchers. We spend our days scaling our infrastructure and building new features to meet and exceed our users needs and wants. We work with a product team that is data-driven and human-centered in its design principles. We teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests. We’re never completely done.
As a DevOps Engineer at Venmo you’ll be responsible for the back-end infrastructure that the Venmo platform lives on. You’re the type of person that dreams about articulating infrastructure as code…not Kafkaesque nightmares, but awesome, automated environments. You love data, metrics and iterative improvements and have a passion for building resilient, reliable and scalable database, web and API infrastructure. Specific responsibilities include:
- Scaling our architecture to support heavy growth while keeping the Venmo service fast and reliable.
- Implement monitoring and alerting tools that can keep track of both system-level and business-level performance.
- Expanding our configuration management infrastructure to enable rapid deployment of new services.
- Working with security engineering to perform security audits and proactively make recommendations/improvements to keep security tight.
- Contributing improvements back to the open source projects we use.
- Working in a company that provides excellent benefits, values your contributions and presents ample opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Fluent in one or more high-level programming language
- Comfortable working in a continuous deployment environment
- Have used automation tools such as Puppet, Ansible or Vagrant
- Experience with Heroku and/or AWS
- Experienced with both relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with monitoring and metrics collection tools such as Graphite, Sensu, and Nagios
- Bonus points for Python/Django, node.js, and Nginx
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|