DevOps Contractor/GuruPosted by fevrokbot 3 months ago
The software development team at Mecum Auctions is a small agile group of talented individuals focused on building applications that solve the needs of the business. We are building both internal and customer facing applications focused on enabling our talented staff to do their jobs better or meeting the needs of hundreds of thousands of customers. To enable the software team to grow rapidly, we are looking for an expert to implement scalable production infrastructure and foster infrastructure knowledge within the team.
Remote candidates are encouraged to apply and all candidates will be hired on a contract basis.
Mecum Auctions does not provide H1B Visa sponsorship.
You must reside in the United States.
- Architecting and implementing new production infrastructure in AWS
- Improving existing infrastructure with a focus on increased availability
- Create development and production builds for upcoming projects
- Growing and maintaining library of development automation and instance creation scripts and tools
- Improve efficiency in our cloud computing resources
- Work with development team to improve working infrastructure knowledge
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration
- Mastery of Git and AWS (S3, EC2, RDS, CloudFront, Code)
- Experience with system configuration-management systems (e.g. Chef)
- Experience configuring and designing CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Bamboo, CodeDeploy)
- Ability to design and maintain scalable infrastructure in AWS for consumer facing applications
- Aptitude for spreading expertise to members of the development team
- Passionate about learning and always looking to sharpen skills
- Inherent desire to design and build cool things
- Capacity to work well both independently and collaboratively
- Must be able to verbalize ideas to other team members to foster growth and teamwork
- Ability to give and take critical feedback as part of the development process
- Strong writing skills; ability to craft clear and concise documentation
- Knack for making complex problems seem simple
Mecum Auctions is the world leader of collector car, vintage and antique motorcycle, and Road Art sales, hosting auctions across the United States. The company has been specializing in the sale of collector cars for over 30 years, now offering more than 15,000 vehicles per year and averaging more than one auction each month. Mecum auctions are broadcast live on NBCSN.
Headquartered in Walworth, WI, Mecum Auctions has been ranked No. 1 in the world with number of collector cars offered at auction since 2011, No. 1 in the world with number of collector cars sold at auction, No. 1 in the U.S. with number of auction venues, No. 1 in the U.S. in total dollar volume of sales, and is host to the world’s largest collector car auction held annually in Kissimmee, Florida.
Mecum Auctions is an equal opportunity employer. Pay is commensurate with ability and experience.
|Job Details||Job Requirements|
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|