GameChanger contributes to the life-changing impact of sports.
We believe that Sports Matter because they inspire leadership, teamwork, toughness, commitment and confidence—critical life lessons that have the power to propel young athletes toward meaningful futures.
We also understand that without its coaches, parents and volunteers, organized youth sports simply would not exist. We celebrate those tireless heroes, we thank them, and above all else, we make it our mission to help them do what they do best.
GameChanger is a mobile platform for amateur sports communities. Our scoring app delivers coaching insights and live fan updates for over 150,000 teams.
We're a team of 50 here at GC and hoping to be 85 by the end of the year, that's massive opportunity for both professional and personal growth. We’re headquartered in downtown Manhattan and are proud to be part of the DICK’s Sporting Goods family. We strive to be a culture of transparency and collaboration; working together to solve the hard problems and constantly be growing as individuals and as a company.
Our design team is highly user-focused and deeply believes in user-centered innovation. We are passionate, working in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving, exponentially growing youth sports market. We work on products that enhance the youth sports experience, staying connected to our customers and working on problems that make an immediate meaningful impact.
As the Design Director you are the lead designer and visual influencer responsible for creating experiences that support the GameChanger brand. Working alongside a UX/UI team, you will define the overall visual look and feel of our brand and encourage others to develop higher level product and brand communication. You will be able to translate business and marketing purpose into big ideas that can be executed brilliantly across various initiatives and mediums. You should have enough experience to confidently educate our company on the values of visual design.
If you love to drive conceptual and visual directions, understand how to execute at a high level of aesthetic quality, and get excited about sharing the strategy behind your design decisions, let’s connect.
- Oversee the implementation of the visual brand identity to ensure consistent quality
- Give thoughtful and convincing feedback and rationale on design decisions
- Able to both direct design and be a hands on designer
- Develop a variety of compelling visual styles that support a brand/product strategy
- Establish comprehensive visual systems that works for digital products and beyond
- Manage & execute visual representation across marketing assets (web, mobile, email, print, event materials and other branded marketing collateral)
- Translate marketing goals into creative strategies and be responsible for final execution.
- Manages projects from concept to completion - Project Management skills strongly preferred
- 7-10+ years of hands-on visual design experience, preferably designing for brand and digital products
- Strong communicator and storyteller
- A visually compelling online portfolio
- Customer focused, self-managing problem solver, accountable and able to thrive in autonomous environments
- Creative and flexible under changing settings, courage to be heard, sense of humor, passionate about design and technology, life-long learner
At GameChanger we are…
- We put our customers first, always asking, “Will this enhance their youth sports experience?”
- We deeply understand our customers and work hard to anticipate their needs.
- We celebrate and support our customers’ contributions to their communities.
- We listen actively, seeking to understand others before making ourselves heard.
- We challenge each other directly while caring about each other personally.
- We do unglamorous work in service of the team.
- We set aggressive goals designed to drive meaningful change.
- We are eager teachers and curious students who invest in learning.
- We are resilient, thriving in change and adversity.
- We value creative ideas and productivity over seniority and hours worked.
- We entrust decisions to those best positioned to make them.
- We embrace individual responsibility and trust each other to deliver our best effort.
- We say “no” to valuable initiatives so we can concentrate resources on our most important work.
- We respect others’ time by limiting distractions, running efficient meetings and communicating concisely.
- Being part of a team of genuinely kind individuals dedicated to improving the lives of our customers and our employees
- Awesome Ikea desks that will soon be traded in for contemporary furniture at our awesome new Tribeca digs
- Benefits including medical, vision, prescription, dental, FSA/HRA, and coverage for family/dependents
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement and 520 College Savings Plan
- Opportunities for equity compensation
- Endless supply of health and not so healthy snacks and drinks
- Organized lunches, happy hours, and team outings
- Unlimited vacation policy