REPAY is looking for a Data Scientist to kickstart our REPAY Labs division. The candidate will support our technology, product, sales, leadership and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing company data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
THIS POSITION CAN BE BASED IN PHOENIX, ATLANTA OR REMOTE (WITHIN THE US)
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize technology operations, customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
Skills and experience you should possess:
- 4+ years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models.
- Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience with Redshift, S3, Postgres, SQL Server, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Salesforce, Jira, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders.
Who We Are:
REPAY – Realtime Electronic Payments is an established and fast-growing FinTech company, building niche software that enables businesses to move faster by removing the friction found in the payments processing industry. We offer a comprehensive line of solutions including debit/credit card processing, ACH processing, instant funding, and electronic bill payment systems with full IVR, text, and mobile capabilities.
REPAY has been named by FORTUNE® magazine as one of the Top 50 “Best Small Workplaces in America” for 2017! REPAY was ranked again for the 8th straight year in a row #2164 on the Inc. 5000 List of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies for 2018! REPAY has also been certified as a Great Places to Work company for 2017 & 2018! Why Join the REPAY Family?
Growing ~ We are the industry-leading, financial-technology provider in the Consumer Finance space and continue to set the standard for application development and delivery. Awesome Work Environment ~ Business to casual dress, great snacks and beverages, open-air collaborative team setting. Great teaming and Work-Life-Balance ~ The team is fun, smart, and collaborative. We truly enjoy working together. We are all self-driven, motivated professionals that do not require micro-management to make sure we honor our work and project commitments. Leadership Support ~ The founders and leadership team “get” and recognize both individual and team performance. Difficult Problems to Solve ~ We create highly sophisticated payment processing applications and are constantly pushing the boundaries of what is possible on the web, with mobile, SMS, and IVR applications in support of alternative payment channels. We are working on extensive new product and feature development. Innovation and Ideas ~ We constantly listen to clients and employees to find the best ideas, and we provide the resources necessary to ensure those priorities are implemented quickly.
DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY. NO C2C.