Data ScientistPosted by fevrokbot 5 months ago 2017-06-16 21:52:58
Headquarters: Fairfax, VA
DEVEXI is looking for a Data Scientist to join our team.
DEVEXI is an early stage healthcare analytics startup building a powerful yet intuitive longitudinal health research platform linking 22 years of HIPAA-compliant medical and dental data to enable researchers to connect the dots between diagnoses, treatments, prescribed drugs and vaccines, environmental exposures and short and long-term health outcomes – for groundbreaking, longitudinal studies never before possible.
DEVEXI will provide data and a unique analytics capability for health and medical researchers, universities, medical schools, teaching hospitals, insurance payers, medical schools, public health programs, government health agencies and pharmaceutical companies to help improve the quality of health care delivery, identify best practices and increase successful, cost-effective outcomes.
The purpose of this key role is to validate algorithms and bridge the gap between developer and statistician. In the role, this person must be able to work well with the Product Managers to provide input into product features and functions in development, as well as with staff epidemiologists to translate their product needs and evaluate and validate underlying algorithms.
● Advanced Degree (MS, PHD) in Statistics or related field
● Experience reading and writing SQL (especially Postgres)
○ Complex joins
○ Aggregate functions, Window functions
○ Be able to translate a Statistical Algorithm into efficient SQL code
○ Be able to translate SQL to plain English
● Excellent reading, writing, and communications skills
○ Describe statistical concepts to an audience who may not have
a mathematical background
○ Participate in the refinement of whitepapers for epidemiologists and health researchers.
● Working knowledge and a solid understanding of:
○ R or SAS ○ Git
● Extra credit for experience
○ Working with epidemiologists or reviewing epidemiology papers
○ Working with SaaS dev teams
○ Working with health data including and medical and dental claims coding
○ With Amazon Web Services
○ On a team using Scrum/Agile development methodology Benefits
● Involvement in big data health analytics
● Enable groundbreaking longitudinal health and medical research
● Full-time remote work (1099 contract)
● Excellent work/life balance
● No travel required
● Work with quality team of professionals
Must be a U.S. Citizen (or permanent resident).
To apply: Please send resume, hourly rate, and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|
|Skills||postgres,manager,sql,git,product manager,amazon web services,saas,analytics,big data,agile|