Data EngineerPosted by fevrokbot 1 month ago
Contentful is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API - be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, and Urban Outfitters.
We're a fun team of over 100 people from 36 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, backed by top VCs (Benchmark, Trinity, Balderton, Point Nine), growing at an amazing pace, and looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
At Contentful we collect and centralize all data from the different components of our microservice based platform. We enrich the data of our platform with the wealth of information that comes from Salesforce, Zendesk, and several other services that we use to interact and communicate with our users.
As we grow we add services to our data aggregation pipeline and curate the collected data.
As a Data Engineer at Contentful, you will work on the Data Pipeline across the entire Contentful Stack together with our Infrastructure, Backend and Frontend engineers to ensure that data is consistently flowing and that it is collected in a form that allows for the generation of insights.
You will also be responsible for continually iterating and innovating our Data Warehouse and ETL procedures around it ensuring that the flow of new data doesn’t deteriorate performances. On the topics of ETL and data modelling, you will work closely with Data Analysts to understand in-depth the performance of domain models and analytical requirements.
You have already worked on the Business Intelligence infrastructure of an online business and you’re looking for a challenge in a company that puts data-driven decisions at the center of its product and business.
- Develop and maintain Data Pipeline Applications (data collectors that live within or outside the Contentful core infrastructure)
- Maintain and evolve the Datawarehouse (AWS Redshift) ensuring appropriate performance
- Maintain and evolve ETL services to enrich data model and serve analytics and generation of insights
- You have strong SQL modeling and optimization knowledge for different analytics workloads and scenarios
- Experience with ETL processing pipelines and design
- You can build applications to help and support data collection in a microservice architecture
- Experience with AWS Redshift and classic databases (PostgreSQL MySQL)
- You are familiar with AWS services and concepts (VPC, IAM)
- Experience using SnowPlow is considered a plus
- Experience with PubSub/Stream data RabbitMQ, AWS Kinesis, Kafka, Looker is considered a plus
At Contentful you will work in an engineering-centered environment where you will encounter many like-minded people. We employ state-of-the-art technologies and you can experiment with latest tools and systems (we use Snowplow Redshift, Looker and Periscope just to name a few). What’s more, you get to work with bright people who want to solve hard problems. For us, the best idea and most impactful analysis win.
- Join an innovative tech company; our product is made by developers, for developers and we count among our investors and advisors people like Adam Wiggins (Heroku) and Francesco Cesarini (Erlang Solutions)
- Shape the future: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Work for a cutting-edge technology company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive
- We offer education budgets complete with extra days off to be spent on your self-development
- Pick any tools you feel comfortable with. From hardware to software, your work environment to your chair, we've literally got your back
- Enjoy the flexibility of time and place of your work
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes!
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!
|Job Details||Job Requirements|
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|
|Location||United States, California, California City|