Our mission is to democratize opportunity – to make it easy for any student to build a great career, no matter where they go to school, what they’re majoring in, or who they know.
Backed by $34m from Spark Capital, Kleiner Perkins, True Ventures and Lightspeed Partners, Handshake has partnered with 300 universities (schools of all sizes and locations, including Stanford, Princeton, UVA, Michigan, Texas, Spelman and Harvey Mudd), and has more than 6 million student profiles and 230,000 companies recruiting on our platform, including 95% of the Fortune 500. Our extensive data on students’ interests and historical career outcomes gives Handshake the unique ability to help students imagine, plan and jumpstart their future careers.
Come join our passionate, diverse team at our beautiful offices in the heart of the Mission in San Francisco!
What does a Customer Support Specialist do at Handshake?
Handshake is looking to bring on a remote Customer Support Specialist to help guide our end users from the early days of onboarding to launch day and beyond.
You will work closely with our Business Development team and our Customer Success Account Managers to provide highly customized technical support, drive down first response times, and contribute to an overall seamless experience for users. As an advocate for our career centers, students, and employer users, you’ll identify key themes that will drive continuous product improvement and improve the Handshake user experience. In addition, you’ll be responsible for compiling data to analyze our largest accounts and help drive user engagement.
Here are some projects we’re excited for you to work on at Handshake
- Provide amazing support to Handshake customers
- Resolve web-based and phone requests via internal ticketing systems, phone, GoToMeeting, and other support tools
- Maintain a standard level of excellence in regards to response times, resolution times, and the quality of the customer support experience
- Be both a support person and an experienced consultant for users of the Handshake platform
- Recognize errors in and draft improvements to content in internal and external documentation repositories
- Utilize internal tools to manage issues between Engineering, Customer Success, & other internal teams
What qualities are we looking for?
- Passion for the problem: helping launch careers and grow companies by making the best matches between companies and new graduates
- A strong sense of empathy with users of our products
- High attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot with limited information and a clear plan of action
- Be available to work during Eastern Time (ET)
- Work ethic, ambition and a bias for action
- Ability to GSD, independently and collaboratively with a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a clear ability to communicate complex topics with simple language
- Stock: Sizable ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave (12 weeks maternity / 4 weeks paternity), and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Giving Back: Paid volunteer time.
- Learning: Sponsorship of meetup and conference attendance.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard working, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- …And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.