Poll Everywhere is a bridge that connects presenter to audience. It lets you embed live, interactive polls into your presentation. The audience responds to those polls in real time on their phone. Think of it as American Idol meets PowerPoint. We’re used in schools, stadiums, and special events across the globe – anywhere with a strong cell signal.
Poll Everywhere is also a healthy, profitable, and organically-grown company located in the heart of San Francisco. Our clients range from individual educators looking to engage their students, to flagship companies such as Google, TED, Starbucks, and more. These people put their trust in us when they go on stage, and we’re both humbled and driven by that commitment. It’s at the heart of everything we do.
Live audience participation is a high-stakes game. You have nervous presenters, stressed event planners, and the occasional television executive who all need clear, helpful advice. They also appreciate creative ideas for spicing up their presentation and enjoy a personality that matches our own quirky style.
We take helping our customers really seriously at Poll Everywhere. Everyone, from the engineers to the marketing team, relies on Support to channel the user – to know them, love them, and be their voice. People engage with our product on stage, when they’re at their most vulnerable. We want to make sure that experience is a positive one.
That’s why everyone at the company does support. In fact, many times the CEO is the first to answer the phone. It’s just that important to us.
Enough about us. Let’s talk about you…
- You’re experienced with Mac and Windows and are familiar with PowerPoint, Keynote, and/or Google Slides.
- You genuinely enjoy making customers happy. It’s just part of your nature.
- You’re also comfortable with technology, really dig it, and take pride in helping people use it.
- When a relative or coworker can’t “get the computer to work” you’re the first person they turn to.
- You are patient and empathetic, approaching customer questions with compassion and kindness while providing clear instructions.
- You have done technical customer support in the past and are looking for a new opportunity to spread your wings.
- You want to take on challenges at a place where your opinions not only matter, but will help shape the product.
We all do a little bit of everything, but here are the basics
- Learn the in’s and out’s of Poll Everywhere and our associated apps and integrations.
- Respond to emails and phone calls from our users with a blend of patience, wit, and crystal-clear communication.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and help developers diagnose bugs.
- Collect cool stories of how customers use our software and package them into material to teach new users.
- Be an effective, compelling advocate for our customers.
- Proactively identify ways to make your job easier and our customers’ lives happier, such as a revised FAQ, a new product feature, or a more intuitive interface.
- Be friendly with numbers. We really like data, and expect you to be comfortable playing with some basic metrics such as call volume, answer rates, and conversion.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401K benefits available
- Brand new Mac computer and all of the software and training you’ll need to do the job.
- Work for a company who sees the customer as a key voice in product decisions.
- Work remotely from anywhere you’d like (US residents only) or from our beautiful office in San Francisco.
- A bunch of office perks
Keep applications brief; we want small resumes with relevant experience. Be prepared to defend any laundry lists of skills. Short but super-personalized cover letters are welcome and always read!
Principals only, please. We aren’t using contingency staffing agencies at the moment. Poll Everywhere is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.