Customer Success EngineerPosted by fevrokbot 4 months ago
Come help the Stack Overflow Enterprise team as the technical frontline in managing customer relationships, as our first Customer Success Engineer hire.
This is an opportunity to engage at the intersection of code, systems, sales, and customer success, while also learning the ins and outs of operating a growing software business.
This is a great role for someone with solid technical skills who enjoys working with clients, planning and overseeing new deployments, and diving deep into a system to understand how the product and underlying systems work. While there are some opportunities to write code in this position, you will spend more of your time investigating the software and systems, helping our customers, planning deployments, and solving problems.
Customer-facing employees often have the best information about what’s frustrating in a product, and often have the power to increase the value of important relationships. But they’re rarely given the opportunity to actually fix things or reflect on how to increase the customer’s trust and confidence in us. We know that you can’t think strategically and objectively if you’re only allowed to answer support questions for customers, so we make sure that you get that time to focus on higher level goals that will improve the product — whether that’s working with the PM to reshape features, solving that really hard bug, writing great technical documentation to reduce support burdens, or even writing code to improve efficiency.
What you’ll need to have:
- A broad technical curiosity with proven technical understanding and problem solving. You may have dabbled in a few different technologies and systems. Or maybe you just set up your own server in your closet.
- The ability to communicate clearly and positively through written and spoken English
- A proactive approach to dealing with customers and users – you like to see the world through their eyes and get ahead of their issues with fixes and improvements.
- The ability to read and navigate a codebase. You can take a stacktrace and work your way through to understand what is really happening behind the scenes.
- Experience with SQL. You can read and write queries, and know how to read a schema
- Basic understanding of networking. You have basic familiarity and experience with layers 3 to 7 of the OSI stack.
It would be nice if you had:
- Technical writing skills
- System and/or cloud administration skills
- The ability to take a problem from the front-end all the way through to the debugger, then fix, and commit.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 25 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
|Job Details||Job Requirements|
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|
|Skills||front-end,sql,cloud,ios,customer success,game,sales,engineer,network,success engineer|