Changing the world is all in a day's work at Apple. If you love innovation, here's your chance to make a career of it. You'll work hard. But the job comes with more than a few perks.
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work.
Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in App Store. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy.
We are seeking an experienced Java developer who is passionate about creating high-performing, scalable, well-designed services that are the foundation for critical internal and customer-facing platforms at Apple. As a senior developer you will take ownership of a solution from beginning to end and deliver great software to help drive usage and monetization within Apple News and other platforms.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in architecture, design and development of systems using Java in a Unix environment, working on systems that are distributed, highly available, performant and scalable.
- Strong experience in Java, XML, APIs, and RESTful web services.
- Experience with Spring/Hibernate is required; additionally Jersey/Guice/JPA would be a big plus.
- Familiar with designing and implementing large-scale systems to process Terabytes to Petabytes of data.
- Exposure to MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, HBase or Cassandra would be highly desirable.
- Relational database experience and demonstrated abilities in SQL and data modeling are required. Proficiency with NoSQL databases is desired as well.
- Ability to take requirements from design through to implementation both independently and with larger teams.
- Experience working closely with operational teams on deployment, monitoring, and management concerns.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams.
- Results oriented and deadline driven.
- Prior experience in advertising industry is a huge plus.
The Data Applications team is looking for a Core Services engineer who is self-motivated, has great design instincts, and enjoys working cross-functionally. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with high-performing, elegant systems in close partnerships with various teams around you. He or she will also possess keen judgement in selecting technologies and building the right solution for the interesting challenges we get to solve here.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required Master's degree preferred
Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.