Co-Founder Front-End Web Developer + DesignerPosted by fevrokbot 5 months ago 2017-06-21 16:01:06
Join us and become a part of history as together we change the face of e-commerce for digital content and preserve the ability of authors to earn a living writing. We are looking for a smart, creative front web developer with a strong design sense to complement the existing team.
This role will complement the rest of the founding team who has already built the back-end infrastructure and first beta version of the website. As we prepare to come out of beta and traffic is climbing, we now need an updated UI to match.
The current beta site has been developed in Ruby-on-Rails running, which will provides a solid back-end system. We're looking to move to a ReactJS front end sporting responsive design.
- Get in on the ground floor and become an owner of a new, industry-transforming company.
- Consult with former kayak.com founding employee & Chief Architect Bill O'Donnell, who is a technical advisor to the company.
- Create your own solutions to challenging technical problems.
- Choose the tools that will be used by you and your colleagues.
- Lead and build the look and feel of an upcoming major e-commerce site.
- Make mistakes, disrupt the status quo, and help us create the engineering culture that you would like -- build your own dream job!
If hired, you will receive a hefty equity grant relative to the position. You will also earn direct payment in the form of a revenue share on every dollar in revenue we generate directly and across our 1,000+ distribution partners. Your pay will increase as our gross revenue increases, until those rev-share pay levels reach your target salary.
We are located in the growing Lebanon/Hanover, NH tech region around Dartmouth and the Lebanon airport, but during our launch phase, we expect candidates to work from home, wherever that may be. We will pay for relocation, should that become necessary in the future.
Part Time / Full Time
We're looking for someone who ultimately wants a full time position with us, but if you need a transitional period working for Scribl part time while you continue to do other work, we fully support that.
NOTE: Your cover letter matters to us, maybe more than your resume! We want to know why you are interested in Scribl. Please read this section and write it accordingly.
We want you if you are:
- Fun, kind, fast, and flexible
- A good communicator
- Possessed of a strong sense for minimalist and elegant design, with a dash of fun
- Passionate about digital content, especially ebooks and audiobooks
And have strong technical experience with:
- HTML5 and Responsive Design
- Writing high-quality, testable, and maintainable JS code
- E-commerce and security best practices
- Adobe or other graphic design tools to support your UI work
If you have some experience with these, that's a plus, but it's not required:
- Ruby-on-Rails to work with our existing system and back-end
- Familiarity with AWS hosting and OpsWorks
- NGINX, Linux Ubuntu, and Docker
- Full-stack capabilities
- Media presentation of EPUB and stream audio
- Mobile and Windows UWP development in React Native or Xamarin
- Strong team-building and project management record
You will be responsible to:
- Work on your own and with other developers who are adding capabilities on the back-end and developing mobile apps to accompany our ebook and audiobook store
- Build and support tight integration between the front end UI, our backend database, and our apps so the user experience is preserved regardless of how the user accesses our content
- Nurture a healthy engineering culture
It is important that you either have or are willing to gain an appreciation for digital content creators -- authors and artists. Our success is dependent on our ability to help them prosper and want that perspective to be shared by everyone on our team. Please describe your interest in Scribl, CrowdPricing, ebooks, or authors in your cover letter. The resume should show you have the skills. The cover letter is what tells us why you may be the right person for the position.
|Monthly Salary||Unspecified||Seniority Level||Not Applicable|
|Employment Type||Full Time||Vacancies||0|