DE-CIX is the world's leading Internet Exchange (IX) operator. Since starting operations in 1995, DE-CIX in Frankfurt is now the Internet Exchange (IX) with the world's highest data throughput at peak times, reaching 6 Terabits per second. DE-CIX provides more than 1,750 network operators in more than 100 countries with peering and interconnection services. From its 15 Internet Exchanges, DE-CIX serves metropolitan regions all over the world, including New York, Madrid, Dubai, and Mumbai. DE-CIX Group AG is a subsidiary of eco - Association of the Internet Industry, with headquarters in Cologne (https://www.eco.de/en/). Further information: www.de-cix.net
For Frankfurt Osthafen, we are looking with immediate effect for a motivated
Backend Software Engineer (f/m/b)
At DE-CIX, we are a team of highly skilled professionals that manages the biggest Internet Exchange in the world. Our fast-growing platform is distributed across the globe and can be connected from over 450 cities in more than 70 countries. The software division is a small, agile team that develops and maintains the applications to manage DE-CIX globally. All of us share an open mindset in regards to learning new technologies while delivering high-quality software for production.
- Developing the software for managing and supporting the biggest Internet Exchange in the world
- A permanent position with the world's market leader in its sector
- An innovative and international environment
- An appreciative corporate culture with excellent conditions (including individual career planning, health promotion, job ticket, occupational pension scheme, weekly English course, good coffee and free beverages
- An attractive location in Frankfurt Osthafen
What's important to us
- Four years experience as a backend software engineer, using languages such as Go, Python, Java, PHP or Ruby
- Practical knowledge in modeling of databases (SQL, ORM) and APIs (GraphQL, REST)
- Love and live clean code and exceptional object oriented design, practical understanding of good practices like SOLID, DRY and KISS
- Working knowledge and interest in DevOps approaches (CI, Monitoring)
- Practical knowledge of computer networks (ISO/OSI layers, CIDR, IP, ICMP, CCNA-level) and GNU/Linux
Even more important to us than your professional qualifications are your passion for the technical possibilities of automation, professional experience in a comparable position, and a keen instinct for usability, with team spirit and a love of learning new things ideally rounding off your experience as a software engineer.
So if you are looking for new challenges in the automation of processes and the development of related tools, we look forward to receiving your complete application, including salary expectations via the application form or at [email protected].