Next generation digital start-up and influencer marketing company, Vamp, is seeking a Back-End Software Engineer for our passionate, enthusiastic and rapidly growing team.
Vamp connects brands with influential content creators who are passionate about their products to provide authentic, lifestyle-based product placement in social media. Our tech platform is designed to make the campaign process seamless for both client and talent. We are evolving our unique platform every day to be as nimble and flexible with global scalability and to be platform agnostic. As a start-up - we don’t walk; we run. We don’t follow; we lead. Our ideas are big, but our results are bigger. Bigger still is our collective pursuit of positive change – the innovations that will move our industry forward in new and exciting directions.
Job Description - Back-End Software Engineer
Why Work for Vamp?
- The top bosses are passionate about the company’s vision, but how we get there technologically speaking, well that's your turf.
- Work in a fun and supportive team environment. Past team events have been rock climbing, design-your-own-burger, krav maga, trampolining dodgeball, and puzzle rooms. And we have a resident ping pong tally, just waiting to be challenged.
- Be a part of an international company, operating in Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, UAE and London.
- Above all, you get to build and be part of software that gets used by thousands of people, soon to be growing to hundreds of thousands of people.
About the Role
As a back-end software engineer at VAMP, you’ll be:
- The go-to-expert for anything database and API related
- Developing highly-transactional, robust, superb quality API for our content creator-facing app as well as internal tools
- Integrating 3rd-party APIs such as Instagram, Facebook, PayPal, Stripe, Sendle, Qwilr, Firebase, and etc. into the Vamp API
- Working closely with the product owner and the development team to produce high-quality solutions in a timely manner
- Continually maintaining and optimising our database and API codebase
- Maintaining and updating Vamp infrastructure on AWS as necessary
- Contributing ideas on improving the development process
- Based in Sydney, Australia
- Reporting to the Technical Director
Required Technical Skills
For day-to-day tasks and duties at Vamp, you will need to possess at a minimum the following technical know-how:
- Elixir/Phoenix, (very appreciated but not a deal breaker)
- Other server-side frameworks such as Ruby on Rails or PHP/Laravel is a bonus
- PostgreSQL database, or other SQL databases such as MS-SQL or MySql
- Git version control
- Test automation
- Bash and shell scripting
- JSON API and RESTful API
Also, you'll find it easier to get your hands dirty from the first day if you have been working a lot with these before:
- Apache Cordova
Will our team culture fit you? Will we provide you with a ground for growth, challenge, and satisfaction? Let's find out:
- Do you hate it when an API request takes more than 1 second?
- Do you measure process in microseconds rather than milliseconds?
- Do you live, breathe, and dream about building better and faster API in your sleep?
- Do you get excited when you see performance issues with your head racing to come up with brilliant optimisation tricks?
- Do you take ownership of the team's work even though you were not involved in its initial creation?
- Do you welcome changes without getting defensive on the time and effort already spent on a piece of work?
- Do you like to focus more on getting the job done than the politics involved in getting a job done?
- Do you see status quo as a threat to staying relevant rather than keeping safe?
- Do you see a new experimental technology as a "let's assess this" opportunity rather than as a "stay away, too early" can of worms?
If you answer 'yes' to most of these questions then we'd be thrilled to meet you.
How to Apply Show us what you’ve got and apply now. We are excited to grow our team and to have you in it as part of our exciting journey.
Contact Name: Vamp Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org