Mobisol Group is a leading global player in decentralised solar electrification. Driven by market demand for off-grid solutions beyond lighting, Mobisol designs, distributes and services large home and commercial solar systems, seamlessly integrated with proprietary PAYG software. By combining the latest high-tech solar hardware with mobile payment technologies, the Berlin based company ensures affordability through flexible payment plans.
Mobisol enables rural families and businesses to power a wide range of compatible appliances, such as televisions, stereos and refrigerators, thereby improving people’s standard of living while earning incremental income by supporting new solar-powered businesses. With over 1,000 employees across three continents, Mobisol runs its own operations in Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda, while providing hardware and software solutions through a growing network of B2B partnerships in another nine countries worldwide.
WHAT THIS JOB IS ABOUT
We are looking for an experienced Android Developer who can help us in our Mission to build a sustainable power supply in Africa.
One of our challenges is to develop apps for areas with unstable connectivity. This means that apps need to be designed "Offline first". That way, users can stay productive regardless of the quality of the network at any given time - a requirement particularly when working in emerging markets.
As our new Android Developer, you improve our existing applications and bring, based on the feedback of the relevant stakeholders in our countries and in the headquarter, your ideas to life!
Together with the international mobile application team you:
- Define objectives by analyzing user requirements, envisioning system features and functionality
- Ensure excellent code quality and fast development
- Are responsible for the development and improvement of our internal mobile applications
- Design the API together with our Backend Developer team
- Design new features and apply testing methodologies
- You have at least 3 years of relevant experience in mobile development ideally in a start-up environment
- You care about clean code and maintainability
- You have an understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- You are familiar with the full mobile development life cycle and have a working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- You are confident in taking the responsibility of leading the development of an app from start to end
- You have the passion for discovering, evaluating and implementing new technical solutions for Mobisol´s vision to plug in the world!
- You are a team player with excellent communication skills
- You have the willingness to travel frequently to our East-African subsidiaries
- Our complete software for our business like mobile applications, Backend and our Firmware are built inhouse!
- Our Apps are developed in an “Offline First” design - so that our employees can stay productive even with spotty connectivity
- We do code reviews
- We build in an MVP architecture
- Technologies at the core of our apps: RxJava, Realm, FCM, Retrofit, Dagger, AutoValue extentions, Android Job, OrmLite
- Interest in learning Kotlin
You don't have to be familiar with all of these, but if you are - that's definitly a plus!
- Doing something meaningful - you´ll becoming part of an enterprise, that brings real positive impact to ordinary people in East Africa
- Personal development – beside new experiences of developing in an international context with new technologies we support you with possibilities for participation on Hackathons, developer conferences and classical trainings
- Nice benefit package – including company sponsored insurances, car-sharing arrangement etc.
- Be part of a great team of people – which share the same mindset to plug in the world!
- Flat hierarchies and unconventional ways of doing things - your ideas and experiences are more than welcome
HOW TO APPLY
Important for us are your skills and your motivation rather than certificates or university degrees. Please apply via our job portal. If you have further questions don´t hesitate to contact: David Senftleben; Phone: +4930/ 9700 - 2556; e-Mail: email@example.com