The Technical Support Specialist role is a home-office based role, in line with our dual goals of minimising our carbon footprint, and helping to ensure an excellent quality of business life for the members of our team.
Your primary goal will be to work with our existing technical support team, our customer care team, and our developers, to continue our unprecedented level of support to customers.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to join a small but rapidly expanding company, and to help shape our look, feel and future.
You will have excellent problem solving skills and be adept at dealing with customer requests at every level and have a good working knowledge or networking systems.
This represents an excellent career opportunity for a highly motivated and self-managed individual who is looking to build on their existing technical experience.
This role, because of its importance, reports directly to the Technical Manager.
Please note that you should ideally live in the M4 corridor, between west London and Bristol, or the M5 corridor, between Birmingham and Taunton.
- You will:
- Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of corporate networks and infrastructure.
- Be experienced in faults diagnostics and communicating the findings to less technical members of a team
- Have in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Windows family of operating systems and servers, along with their file systems
- Be experienced with internet protocols (such as HTTP, SMTP & FTP) and using packet tracing software
- Have an analytical, logical mind and approach to problem solving
- Have good experience of diagnosing end-user issues and working with them until they are 100% satisfied
- Be able to communicate well with your fellow team members
- It is desirable that you have some knowledge and experience in:
- Have worked from home in a previous role and have a good home office environment.
- Microsoft .NET environment, including c# and MVC
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Be able to deliver on your objectives in a quality and timely way
- Have good team-working skills and the ability to work in a distributed team
- Communicate and interact well with other members of the company and customers, both written and verbally
- Be client aware and focused
- Be self-motivated, and able to work from home
- Be flexible
- Have good analytical and problem solving skills
- Have excellent personal and time management skills
- Work effectively, with an attention to detail
- Have a good home-working, office environment, located within a 2 hour commute from Swindon
TextAnywhere., a leading UK-based provider of business-oriented text communications solutions, is expanding its team to include the new role of Technical Support Specialist.
TextAnywhere provides SMS messaging services to the business and public sector communities. Our focus is on the quality of our messaging services, and the quality of our customer service.
TextAnywhere has over 15,000 UK clients, which range from single person businesses, through academic establishments and health sector organisations, to FTSE 100 companies. These organisations use our services to better and more efficiently communicate with those that matter to their respective organisations.
We provide a range of end-user applications to send and receive text messages, as well as an extensive set of services to help organisations integrate the automatic sending and receiving of text-messages within their own applications and websites.
TextAnywhere is a successful organisation, with annual growth year on year, and we are now looking to expand our services in to new markets.
TextAnywhere is a wholly owned subsidiary of Stericycle.