As an Engineering Manager you will:
- Mentor and manage a team of 4-8 software engineers distributed around the world.
- Report to an engineering director or senior manager.
- Lead the completion of major initiatives on clear timelines.
- Ensure that the software your team delivers is of high quality, measurable, and maintainable.
- Anticipate headcount needs for the team and recruit to fill those needs.
- Develop and communicate the roadmap, scope, and risks of your team’s projects.
- Work openly and build a relationship with our user base, open source community, and partners.
- Create an environment in which your team members are continuously challenged and exposed to new opportunities.
- Be a positive influence on the team, fostering Mozilla’s cultural values.
- Be rewarded with growth and leadership opportunities for strong performance.
- 5+ years of overall relevant industry experience, with at least 2 years of hands-on technical leadership and/or people management experience.
- Proven ability to successfully lead and ship software projects at scale.
- Proficiency with software development practices for issue triage, prioritization, and execution.
- Ability to take initiative in a loosely structured environment to lead your team to success.
- Capability to manage and mentor geographically-distributed team members with different skill sets from your own.
- Demonstrated effective and persuasive written and oral communication skills.
Our team requires skills in a variety of domains. You should ideally have experience with some of the areas listed below, and be interested in learning new things. We’re excited to see:
- Experience with system-level software development.
- Experience with creating/architecting programming languages, compilers and operating systems.
- Experience with best practices in software security and threat modeling.
- Experience with benchmarking and performance-sensitive design.
- Working knowledge of modern software development build and test processes.
Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity online.
Mozilla is a global organization, and this role is available in one of our offices. For candidates with remote management experience, working from home may be an option.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote freedom, innovation, and opportunity online. Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.